The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Guest Blogging Advantages and Disadvantages

Bilal Ahmad

affiliate
Guest Posting is now one of the most useful technique to promote your blog, get free backlinks, extra traffic and permanent relevant links. Google count only quality links, that is why every one is trying to get only quality links.

Guest Posting Advantages

Backlinks:- This is all about backlinks, the more your blog is popular in term of Links. The higher will be ranking. Guest posting is the only possible way to get unlimited permanent and quality links.

Traffic:- Of course you will get traffic. The more you write the more people will read your articles. If you write quality posts, you will get traffic.

Disadvantages

The only disadvantage of guest posting is that it need time. Writing for others will give you backlinks, but if you write for your own blog the you will get traffic for those articles.

Now it depends on you, that you want to write guest posts or write for your own blog.

Guest blogging increases the exposure of your blog. Guest blogging benefits the primary blogger and the guest blogger and mutually generates traffic for both individuals

exactly it's all about backlinks, most of the time guest blogging wont get you much traffic as far as I've found anyway, but it's a cracking way to get free/cheap backlinks which stay in place

let's face it it's all about the backlinks, for the most part your not going to get a great deal of traffic from most blogs that you guest post on.

I have thought about this but how do you find blogs wanting you to write something for them? I asked one that I comment on all the time (and relevant long comments too) and they just replied offering me advertising.

It is indeed a good way of promoting blog with Guest Blogging. Everything owns its two sides , individually,the disadvantage sometimes maybe turn to something good for you,it can help you to get more abundant experiences of bloging ,after that ,any other easier ways could be adopted instead for promotion ever since your blog has a nice ranks in google or other search engines.

Definitely, this is one of the best way to receive lots of visitors, as the famous writers write for your blogs which is mostly the unique, fresh and appealing content absolutely free. Basically, for guest blogging, communication is the most important thing which will help you to make branding of your websites and blogs.

I too agree with guest blogging. It surely gives exposure to the guest blogger. This is a nice way to build your market. But one thing that you must keep in mind is that on your blog you can post anything that you like but on other's blog you must post the relevant content and that too exact. You can also make people know about your blog if you have one and don't get much traffic.

When you write an article for your own blog, you can always - at a later date - decide that you want to submit it to an article directory. A (some might say "major", some would say "minor") drawback of submitting your article for another blog to publish is that, even if you kept a copy of the article, you can't do just anything you want with it like submit it to directories also (it's really frowned upon when you do that). And even if the article ends up being really popular and gets a lot of search engine traffic for the site it's on, you (basically) no longer have rights to it...

Disadvantages

The only disadvantage of guest posting is that it need time. Writing for others will give you backlinks, but if you write for your own blog the you will get traffic for those articles.

Now it depends on you, that you want to write guest posts or write for your own blog.

Writing for others can't be a disadvantage. You get backlinks, different audiance (followers of the blog) and a lot of traffic.
--------------------------------------------------
Social Media Message Machine
| Outsourcing SEO

Last edited by a moderator:
For getting complete benefits through guest blogging, it is important to contact authoritative websites related to your niche. It takes some time and effort for getting your blog published but the benefits are worth it.

In the past, I do believe that guest posting was one of the best respectable thing, best technique to build high quality backlinks and driving lots of traffic. However, if you are still following it, then you must stop it. According to the recently published blog post on Guest posting by Matt Cutts, one should do the guest blogging only for the exposure, branding, increased reach and community. Since, I don't have 10 posts completed, I can't post the link to that blog post. But, you can go to MattCutts blog and the post is there on its first page only. Read the post and listen the videos completely.

Guest blogging over a long period of time teaches you a lot of thing mainly in the “dealing with people” department.

Guest blogging can end up costing you much should Google decide to penalize your site. The days you could get quality backlinks and traffic from guest blogging are gone. The best you can hope for is to get some traffic but it could come at a price.

Take a look at Matt Cutt's site:
The decay and fall of guest blogging for SEO
So stick a fork in it: guest blogging is done; it’s just gotten too spammy. In general I wouldn’t recommend accepting a guest blog post unless you are willing to vouch for someone personally or know them well. Likewise, I wouldn’t recommend relying on guest posting, guest blogging sites, or guest blogging SEO as a linkbuilding strategy.
If it's backlinks you seek then guest blogging might not be a great strategy any more.

banners
Back