The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Google Webmasters/Analytics

Angelman

Hi guys, over the years I have launched many sites either for clients or for myself. I have always religiously added them to Google Webmasters and set Google Analytics up on every site. What I wanted to ask or to open the discussion about is whether you think adding your sites to these services has any benefits to the speed at which new sites or pages get indexed by Google?

A lot of 'affiliate' sites have been getting harshly treated by Google lately with Panda/Penguin etc, and there is a growing number of people who seem to think that keeping your site out of the clutches of Google (ie. not using Webmasters/Analytics) is a sensible option.

What do you think? In future am I helping myself or harming myself by not registering sites with Webmasters or adding Google Analytics to my sites?

Depending on the projects I have always done the same as you by adding certain sites to both analytics and webmaster tools, including submitting the site maps and what not.

I personally feel there can be many benefits for particular sites when it comes to analysis but would also love to know what peoples views are on the effect it has on crawl rate etc?

well to index your website in Google Search Engine you must upload it in webmaster tool. so it's necessarily to register account in webmaster and add google analytic codes in site.

well to index your website in Google Search Engine you must upload it in webmaster tool. so it's necessarily to register account in webmaster and add google analytic codes in site.

You going to be indexed even if you don't have your site in Google Webmaster tools/Analystics. PLZ Don't provide some fake informations!
@Thread, it is not 100% smart to add your site to Google Webmaster tools/Analystics if you doing some pure blackhat SEO.

Hi

I don't think using or not using Google's tools is going to make a difference on site performance, or whether or not someone gets hit by an algorithm shift. Thomaso touched on it above. Some of the possible reasons affiliates get hit by Google is thin content, excessive advertising or linking and duplicate content.

Frequently affiliates will use the description text provided by the merchant. This content is used by other affiliates and is duplicate content. Using this content over and over across a site can cause a quality penalty because there is little original content on the site. Additionally, if the amount of content per page is thin, meaning there are few words on a page, that is another reason for affiliates to do poorly with Google.

The best strategy for affiliates is to drop any black hat techniques and focus on high quality, useful content. Choose affiliate programs because they are helpful to your visitor, not just to make money. And don't spam the engines.

You can't do anything about Google's engine, but you can do more than a little about how it treats you.

I agree with the above poster. You have to make sure everything is unique. Google, along with other search engines, hate dup content. when building your sites do your best to make sure your content is unique. This is the one thing that will help you.
I always have added all of Google's services along with other search engines.

I don't use Google Analytics purely because I don't like them having that level of data on my sites. Maybe I'm paranoid and my sites aren't even shady or anything but it's better to be safe than sorry in my books.

Personally I'm a big fan of Piwik - it's a kick ass free and open source analytics program with tonnes of in depth information.

MI
Back