The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Trends for Keyword Research - COOL!

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Google Trends, a new tool developed by Google Labs, can give you unique insight into your keyword research. Not only can you see and compare search volume for various key phrases with nice visual graphs, but you can also see which words are searched the most by city, state and/or country as well as language

Check out the Google Trends graphs in the link below. I compared the phrase mortgage loans with home loans and selected US only. I actually thought mortgage loans would be a little higher than home loans, but I was wrong. Now scroll down. I added city search data. Who would know that Las Vegas and Sacramento get the highest number of searches for "home loans"? This data could come in handy for both PPC and organic keyword targeting.

Check it out! :eek:
<strong>Google Trends search comparison for <a target="_new" href="http://www.google.com/trends?q=mortgage+loans%2C+home+loans%2C+&ctab=0&geo=US&date=all">mortgage loans vs home loans</a>.</strong>

Happy trails.... er I mean TRENDS! :p

Linda, this is a great post, and I see superior value in it for Affiliates. I'm going to have to include some information about Google Trends in my Affiliate News Letter that I will be getting out at some point today or tomorrow. We've been using this tool already for our own keyword purchasing, and I already can't remember NOT using it! Ha ha ha!

So you'e an old pro! :p

I just discovered it and immediately blogged about it because I think many affiliates could get some benefit from it.

I'm pretty new, but pretty up on my SEO stuff, but not my affiliate stuff, sad to say. Since I'm new to the post of AM, I'm scrambling trying to figure out what to do other than breath. There are SO many things I need to relay to my affiliates, and I want to give them the best info that I can so that I can pay them LOADS of money :). I don't want to just quote SEO tactics because there are so many other wonderful things and I have to figure out what they are, ha ha :p

Thank you Linda. I love the whole relationship management side. I just want to be sure that I can get whatever our heavy hitters need, and motivate our midweight hitters to move up the scale, and our light performers to see what's possible to incent them to also move up. Money for everyone! LOL

Linda, I love this tool and I've been addicted to it for the last 3 weeks or so. It's fascinating to see what cities lead the pack for certain searches. Some make sense and others make you say "Hmmmmmmmmmmm..." :)

MI
Back