The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google ranking

Right, I seem to be struggling to get listed on Google. I used to be on page 2, not I don't exist.
That is common, google has made a lot of changes lately.

I list of the first page of yahoo, who seem to find more of my backlinks easier than google.
Google knows your backlinks, it chooses not to display them to you. Are you looking in webmaster tools or just a simple link check on google forward facing area? WMT will give you a lot more data.

What am I doing wrong?
Maybe nothing!

I have replied in context, to make it easier to read.

how old is the domain name, and how competitive is the keyphrase

I have replied in context, to make it easier to read.

how old is the domain name, and how competitive is the keyphrase

Hi,

Domain name is 10 months old, and the keyphrases are not that competative at all.

The main ones I am aiming for is PC repair solihull or pc repair birmingham (also computer repair blah blah)

I think the competitors sites are nowhere near as good as mine design wise and linkwise.

Thanks,
Aaron

Apologies for asking you for your keywords when you had already posted them :surrender:

If you are 10 months old, and your competitors have aged links on topic, then you will need to work really hard. If I had more time I would look at it for you, but I am a little pressed to say the least :(

This is confusing me now...

I think the site is google friendly, certainly more than others, I have quite a few backlinks but still I am not listing.

The keywords I am targeting are not that competative, and I think I am the best by far.

any ideas?

Does the open site project still hold weight with Google? usually if you get listed in that dircetory you're guarenteed a lot of googlebot's time and they us the description there rather than your meta tags.

Only quickly, what is wrong with the repairs page? It isn't displaying properly. The home page inexing issue is still there though. I take it you have not done the HTACCESS correction for index.html etc?

Why do you have 'need help with your PC' at the front of your title on the index page?

Only quickly, what is wrong with the repairs page? It isn't displaying properly. The home page inexing issue is still there though. I take it you have not done the HTACCESS correction for index.html etc?

Why do you have 'need help with your PC' at the front of your title on the index page?

Im not sure what HTACCESS is thats why. What is it and where can I find it, what do I need to change?

I will get rid of the need help with your pc bit if it causes problems?

Thanks,

Aaron

I'll suggest one more thing. You should redirect your
needhelpwithyourpc.co.uk to
Need help with your PC? Computer repairs in Birmingham, Solihull and surrounding areas.

For this you can use this code (Must wait sometime to reviewed by others too )
Step 1: Log into your ftp account
Step 2: download the .htaccess file on local machine
Step 3: Open .htaccess in notepad or editplus
Step 4: Paste the below code

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.needhelpwithyourpc\.co\.uk [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.needhelpwithyourpc.co.uk/$1 [L,R=301]
Step 5: save the .htaccess file
Step 6: upload .htaccess file where you downloaded from

Result: When you or someone else will open your site by typing needhelpwithyourpc.co.uk your site will open with a www. prefix

Since google treats domain.com and www. domain .com (plz ignore spaces) as two different entities so it will eliminate that issue and hence there will be no sharing of link value occur.

Please correct someone if I am wrong :scared:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll suggest one more thing. You should redirect your
needhelpwithyourpc.co.uk to
Need help with your PC? Computer repairs in Birmingham, Solihull and surrounding areas.

For this you can use this code (Must wait sometime to reviewed by others too )
Step 1: Log into your ftp account
Step 2: download the .htaccess file on local machine
Step 3: Open .htaccess in notepad or editplus
Step 4: Paste the below code

Step 5: save the .htaccess file
Step 6: upload .htaccess file where you downloaded from

Result: When you or someone else will open your site by typing needhelpwithyourpc.co.uk your site will open with a www. prefix

Since google treats domain.com and www. domain .com (plz ignore spaces) as two different entities so it will eliminate that issue and hence there will be no sharing of link value occur.

Please correct someone if I am wrong :scared:

Many thanks for that. Do I replace what is in .htaccess or add the above?

I am now on the first page for a few of my key words, so would like to thank all who helped especially OldWelshGuy.

Thanks
Aaron

banners
Back