The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google ranking

Azz

affiliate
Hi all,

First post so be gentle.

I am after some advice on googles page ranking and my website. Hope this is the right place for it.

Basically I am trying to get my website listed on the first page for certain keywords. I have links from various decent websites, and I think I have made my website google friendly, but it still doesn't rank very good.

Obvisouly I can't post a link yet. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Aaron

Hello Aaron, first of all please let me welcome you to the UKWW!
You are right, currently you can not post a direct link but you could share with us the URL as a string. Please, do not forget to let us know the certain keywords as well.

Hello Aaron, first of all please let me welcome you to the UKWW!
You are right, currently you can not post a direct link but you could share with us the URL as a string. Please, do not forget to let us know the certain keywords as well.

Hi Bagi,

Thanks, not quite sure how to post my url as a string, my website is all the w's needhelpwithyourpc.co.uk hope you understand.

Thanks,

Aaron

Ok, just from a quick look at your site I see the following problems but they all have a simple fix.

Your Title....

<title>AzzTech Computer Services - The complete solution to all your PC related problems in Birmingham, Solihull and surrounding areas</title>

That could be written a lot better than it is. perhaps something like....

<title>AzzTech PC Repair Services | The Complete Computer Services Solution In Birmingham,Solihull And Surrounding Areas</title >

Your description tag looks like this....

<meta name="description" content="PC Repair Solihull, PC Repair Birmingham, Computer Repair Solihull, Computer Repair Birmingham, Computer Help Birmingham, PC Help Birmingham, Computer Support Midlands, Computer Support Birmingham, Computer Support Solihull, Birmingham Computer Repair, Solihull Computer Repair, Birmingham Computer Repairs, Solihull Computer Repairs, Virus Solihull, Virus Birmingham, Spyware Solihull, Spyware Birmingham, Data Recovery, Broadband installation solihull birmingham, pc health check solihull birmingham, Online Backup, Remote Support">

For a start that just looks stuffed with keywords. Actually, your title description would probably suit your META description better.

Look at gathering back links with your selected keywords as the anchor text and if you just want to target city, as you probably should do, use the city name in the anchor too and description.

KP

Ok, just from a quick look at your site I see the following problems but they all have a simple fix.

Your Title....

<title>AzzTech Computer Services - The complete solution to all your PC related problems in Birmingham, Solihull and surrounding areas</title>

That could be written a lot better than it is. perhaps something like....

<title>AzzTech PC Repair Services | The Complete Computer Services Solution In Birmingham,Solihull And Surrounding Areas</title >

Your description tag looks like this....

<meta name="description" content="PC Repair Solihull, PC Repair Birmingham, Computer Repair Solihull, Computer Repair Birmingham, Computer Help Birmingham, PC Help Birmingham, Computer Support Midlands, Computer Support Birmingham, Computer Support Solihull, Birmingham Computer Repair, Solihull Computer Repair, Birmingham Computer Repairs, Solihull Computer Repairs, Virus Solihull, Virus Birmingham, Spyware Solihull, Spyware Birmingham, Data Recovery, Broadband installation solihull birmingham, pc health check solihull birmingham, Online Backup, Remote Support">

For a start that just looks stuffed with keywords. Actually, your title description would probably suit your META description better.

Look at gathering back links with your selected keywords as the anchor text and if you just want to target city, as you probably should do, use the city name in the anchor too and description.

KP

Thanks for the reply.

The keywords I want to show on are, PC repair solihull, Computer repair solihull, PC repair birmingham, computer repair birmingham. They are the main ones.

I am new to this, so please excuse my ignorance. The back links are with various online advertising sites, freeindex, yell.com being the most popular. How do I anchor text against these? Does this mean just include the key words in the site with the links?

Thanks for all the help.

Aaron

Aaron, I don't wish to promote my blog but if you go there, or any other good blogs available (some members here have excellent SEO blogs) then that will help you understand a little more.

Explaining this to someone who has absolutely no knowledge and not being with them in person to show them is quite long and difficult.

Of course, we all will help you here as much as we can do :)

KP

Aaron, I don't wish to promote my blog but if you go there, or any other good blogs available (some members here have excellent SEO blogs) then that will help you understand a little more.

Explaining this to someone who has absolutely no knowledge and not being with them in person to show them is quite long and difficult.

Of course, we all will help you here as much as we can do :)

KP

Just had a look and can't find any blogs about ranking.

Thanks,

Aaron

The keywords I want to show on are, PC repair solihull, Computer repair solihull, PC repair birmingham, computer repair birmingham. They are the main ones

You always want to try to put at least your main keyword in your title. The title you have is also a bit too long.

I recommend the following:

<title>PC Repair Services | AzzTech Birmingham, Solihull</title >

<meta name="description" content="PC Repair Services in Birmingham, Solihull, the complete computer services solution." />

<meta keywords="keywords" content="PC repair solihull, Computer repair solihull, PC repair birmingham, computer repair birmingham" />

Aaaron, it seems that you have hidden text at the site, which might get your site penalized easily. I am talking about this
Code:
<div id="wb_Text21" style="position:absolute;left:332px;top:20px;width:553px;height:40px;z-index:2" align="left">
<font style="font-size:8px" color="#000000" face="Arial">PC Repair Solihull, PC Repair Birmingham, Computer Repair Solihull, Computer Repair Birmingham, Computer Help Birmingham, PC Help Birmingham, Computer Support Midlands, Computer Support Birmingham, Computer Support Solihull, Birmingham Computer Repair, Solihull Computer Repair, Birmingham Computer Repairs, Solihull Computer Repairs, Virus Solihull, Virus Birmingham, Spyware Solihull, Spyware Birmingham, Data Recovery, Broadband installation solihull birmingham, pc health check solihull birmingham, Online Backup, Remote Support http://www.smilelocal.com/Computer%20Repairs/Solihull</font></div>
I could not recognise this in the content area.

You use javascript navigation menu which can not be followed by the robots, so it may hindern your website visibility. I would suggest you to substitute it wiht a css drop down asap.

The remote support related page is linked with an image, but the alt tag is empty, though you should place the "remote support" into it in order to improve the relevance.

The home page is linked with the previously mentioned javascript menu, so the site architecture does not make google think that it would be the most important page on your site.

I told that it is hidden, because i found it in the source coude, but i could not find it in the content. It is possible that i am blind, but i did not find it thought i checked it where it should be displayed in accordance with the positioning parameters.

I told that it is hidden, because i found it in the source coude, but i could not find it in the content. It is possible that i am blind, but i did not find it thought i checked it where it should be displayed in accordance with the positioning parameters.

Your not blind, I wa just curious how you knew it was hidden :thumbsup:

Ok Azz, may best suggestion would be to get rid of the hidden text as quick as it is possible. I did the same technique about when i was a newbie, i thought it could help, but in real it was much more dangerous as beneficial. Let me explain. That time it was said on various forums that it is against the term of services of Google and your site could get banned because of it. It did not bother me, but when i read that Google had a very good algorithm to recognise those hidden text it was more frightening. To be honest that time Google did not have such a good algorithm, though i use a bit more secured version of hiding text. I belive that if your site will start ranking well for popular "money generator" keyphrases your website will be checked on daily basis by the webmasters of the competitor sites. And i am not sure that they will not use the spam reporting form.

Ok Azz, may best suggestion would be to get rid of the hidden text as quick as it is possible. I did the same technique about when i was a newbie, i thought it could help, but in real it was much more dangerous as beneficial. Let me explain. That time it was said on various forums that it is against the term of services of Google and your site could get banned because of it. It did not bother me, but when i read that Google had a very good algorithm to recognise those hidden text it was more frightening. To be honest that time Google did not have such a good algorithm, though i use a bit more secured version of hiding text. I belive that if your site will start ranking well for popular "money generator" keyphrases your website will be checked on daily basis by the webmasters of the competitor sites. And i am not sure that they will not use the spam reporting form.

I understad that now, I am new to web building.

I am taking on all of the suggestions made and am currently redesigning.

Thanks all....

Right, just finished changing a few things after all your comments.

Feel free to take another look and let me know what you think.

Thanks for all your help.

Azz, if you want some advice from someone who has been an SEO since long before google existed, do NOT try to shortcut. Do it right, forget about the algorithms, don't try the shortcuts, and your site will stand the test of time.

You are in safe hands here, you will not get bad advice.

Oh & SOME ;) Search Engines use block level link analysis, so they know what is on your page and more importantly WHERE on your page it is ;)

Right, I seem to be struggling to get listed on Google. I used to be on page 2, not I don't exist.

I list of the first page of yahoo, who seem to find more of my backlinks easier than google.

What am I doing wrong?

I noticed awfull lot of css in your source code ... why u r not using a seperate css file to remove redundent text? Keep your page clean for bots.

How long you are waiting for good result from search engines ... in shortcut / blackhat way you may reach the top in a day and may fall in an hour ... keep patience ... it will take little longer but will last forever.

Do not use hidden text ... last thing you want would be blacklisted in Google.

banners
Back