The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google ranking vanished???

Scott_McGregor1

affiliate
Hi guys

Was ranked 4th for my keyword, then suddenly my ranking vanished and cant find it anywhere in the google pages. Any ideas whats happened? Is this normal for google to do this? Will my site re-appear soon?

Cheers

omg, same here i'm having the same problem with my blog....
actually at this time I'm in the process of searching for a best way to make it stable than before...

Don't worry.

Unless you have been doing something shady, it will come back.

In the meantime, build some more content.

Each time google updates keyword positions, it will see the website status at that particular time. So you need to work on your website again and you need to use the targeted keyword in much better way.

Well that makes a lot of sense. Thank you for sharing the information. My article just dropped off the first page, I have been so busy doing other online things, I neglected my site:eek: I needed that post;)

Excuse me? Where on earth did you get that? It is total and absolute nonsense.

Opps did i miss the question or something?
Well from my experience though, changing the server would affect the PR ranking maybe, and also the targeted keyword ranking. But after resubmitting the site to few directories i got my PR back while the targeted keyword rank is still nothing.
You may also want to check on some internal server errors on your .htaccess rules that may cause from the transfer of server. Which solved my case. So I figured out this may be a help if we have the same case.

Does that make sense?

Oops did i miss the question or something?
Well from my experience though, changing the server would affect the PR ranking maybe, and also the targeted keyword ranking. But after resubmitting the site to few directories i got my PR back while the targeted keyword rank is still nothing.

No, you didn't miss the question - just the answer. PageRank accrues to a specific URL, the URL of a specific page, for example, www.yoursite.com/yourpage.html. Changing your IP or nameservers has absolutely no effect on that. They just tell human visitors and others where that page is located physically, but PageRank cares about the page, not where it resides.

If you don't follow receommended procedures for relocating your site (i.e., leaving a copy of your site in place until the new DNS information propagates through the system, typically 1-2 days but for some DNS databases possibly as long as a week), your site may not be reachable for a brief time but even this will not affect PageRank.

You may also want to check on some internal server errors on your .htaccess rules that may cause from the transfer of server.

Messing up your .htaccess or robots.txt file can certainly affect the spidering of a page.

No, you didn't miss the question - just the answer. PageRank accrues to a specific URL, the URL of a specific page, for example, ----. Changing your IP or nameservers has absolutely no effect on that. They just tell human visitors and others where that page is located physically, but PageRank cares about the page, not where it resides.

If you don't follow receommended procedures for relocating your site (i.e., leaving a copy of your site in place until the new DNS information propagates through the system, typically 1-2 days but for some DNS databases possibly as long as a week), your site may not be reachable for a brief time but even this will not affect PageRank.

Messing up your .htaccess or robots.txt file can certainly affect the spidering of a page.

Yes. thanks for the info.. I also consulted other forum sites..And confirmed that it doesnt affect page ranks.

Also is it ethical for having double copies of your site, as for relocating the site and leaving a copy. Does it help also having header redirection for faster propagation?

As for the htaccess, that was my case.

is it ethical for having double copies of your site, as for relocating the site and leaving a copy. Does it help also having header redirection for faster propagation?

It's not a problem for a short period of time. There won't be a duplicate content while the new DNS information propagates because:

1. until it does, there is only one accessible copy - the old one; and

2. after it does, there is only one accessible copy - the new one.

MI
Back