The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google PR Factor found?

• Thread starter PrivateInvestigator
  • Start date
P

PrivateInvestigator

I found that if you have fresh header info for each of your pages they will stand a chance of getting a PR rank.

I used to do the keywords, description, title tags for the main page and then just copy them exactly (as well as the page design) into other pages and then just add the new page content.

If you have a different title, description, keywords for the page then it may get PR. If you keep them the same as another page in your site it won't get PR.

Did any of you notice this?

Thanks for the top PrivateInvestigator,
I used to do the same as you do copy/paste the meta tags to all my pages, but now I am changing my startegy concerning this and write an appropriate meta for each page! No changes for now, I will wait for the next PR update

I think google don't use Meta Keywords, it uses content on your site instead to rank it.

that is true in a way etechsupport, less weight is given to meta tags these days

Yep, I think better to have them than not, but if you have other better SEO factors I would say, do not spend more time on meta keywords.

Google does not even index the meta keywords tag. but you should place it there for other search engines and directories to use.

I am having a challenge here, not with you guys but with the SEO world. Google does use <META> tags!

A classsic example is my website www.dmscs.co.uk

It has pulled my site description off and uses that in the description in the results page.

DMCS who said Google doesn't use META tags? I said google doesn't use the KEYWORDS meta tag. It totally ignores it, and does not even use it for search. How do I know? I know because I have a test page with a made up word in the keywords meta. This word does not appear anywhere else on the web, making my test page the ONLY result for it. The page has been spidered and cached, and the page is not returned for the search. Proof positive that the Keywords meta is ignored.

With regard your description being shown. If the description is deemed to be the most relevent snippet for the phrase your searching for, then Google will display that. One thing to note though is that the text the search engines display differs with search terms being used. The search engines display snippets of text from the page. Sometimes they use the dmoz title and description, sometimes they use the sites description, and sometimes they just grab a few bits of text from the copy.

Meta tags are sometimes used as the snippet of a site's content in SE result pages by google, I hope they have still some influence to determine a site contents.

There appears to be some confusion here, as to what we are all talking about.

I stated that Google doesn't use the KEYWORDS META , this is fact, honestly, I wuldn't state it as such unless I was positive.

The META that google displays snippets from would be the META DESCRIPTION.

There are many META TAGS, but many of them are not used.

Sorry Paul, but honestly If I am not sure about something I wouldn't state it as fact :( I get really annoyed at how many people are posting online things that they have read somewhere, or a guy in a pub told them, but they post it as fact. (not suggesting that is the case here, I am generalising)

I just wish peole would realise that by giving out advice on a forum they are playing with real peoples lives. Maybe I am reading too much into things but what we say online can have an effect on the lives of real people. Here is part of a PM I received yesterday from a guy who recently joined a forum I post at, but participated at another large SEO forum I moderate at, so dropped a line to say Hi and thanks.

Our business is small potatoes compared to what you deal with but it pays the mortgage even with three children. Using things I learned from your posts, today when people go to Google, Yahoo, MSN and type in our industry keywords + just about any local city, county or state we are in the top 2 or 3 spots after the paid advertising listings. Sometimes even #1.

Quote end.

There really isn't any magic bullet, it is not that complicated, but the trick is to find a web marketer you are comfortable with, and take their advice. If you mix and match some from one, some from another and so on, you will not get the same result. The simple fact is that there are many ways to get results online, and people do things differently, which is why I recommend sticking to one site, or mentor (for want of a better word).

The only FACT about SEO is change. Things will always CHANGE. The keys is, to stay one step ahead of the Johnny Jacklegs out there, always adapting to changing conditions. I also like to rely on my own trial and error, or someone's advice who relies on their own trial and error, not some SEO e-book they downloaded last month. lol

I'm finding that the PR individual pages have is less important to google. My site has a decent pR rating so when I published a new page it was given a good ranking even though it had 0 PR.

Yes, PR is not everything, a good ranking doesn't always mean that you'll gain more visitors, and similarly more visitors doesn't always mean more sale. Make pages for users, not for search engines.

banners
Back