The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google playing games!

vicdigi

affiliate
Is it just me who feels this way?

Everyday we perform searches on directories. Everyday their search results change.

From one day to the next they change and then positioning comes back.

What is going on? Are Google playing games or have can they not handle stability?

Having said this, I am only seeing this where directories and link sellers are concerned (not in the holiday industry)!

I've also seen jumps up and down in serps for some sites especially for high competitive keywords. You can't expect to secure any position when millions of sites compete for the same terms unless you can somehow separate your site from the rest.

May be it's a sign that Google index is constantly updating...

Two years ago, google moved from periodic updates to a system dubbed 'everflux' . Everfluyx means that the whole of the google infostructure is in a constant stateof flux, with pages leaving and being added to the index and then porpoagating across the datacentres.

Of late, Google are waging war on sites that appear to be buying or selling links, so what you are seeing is the propagation across the datacentres of the impact of sites believed to be breaching the Google guidelines across the food chain. EG site A has a PR8, but it is now NOT passng PR any longer. This impacts on ALL the sites that are linked to downstream from that site.

Google have been VERY smart this time around, they have chosen NOT to PR zero sites that are believed to be bad ones, they just stop the PR from passing (same as they did with phpbb.com a year or two back.

Not sure where and what at present but think I am swaying towards the content factor with directories on this Google matter.

Directory content can somewhat remain small. By this I mean when a submission is made the details page of the website being created does not get much unique content on it but yet the site is growing all the time - links links links!

Many webpages are being added to directories with little content and for this I believe Google might be seeing directories having little value in creating pages with little content with links.

On another note, something i feel that has helped directories gain a little advantage with Google is adding deeplinks. This has helped pages being created have that little extra content on them for the search engines and Google itself although not too sure how far this stretches.

MI
Back