The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Google lost again

temi

affiliate
Google lost another adword trade mark case in a case reminiscent of a similar case it lost in France earlier this year.
Full story: theregister.co.uk/2005/08/15/google_loses_adwords_trademark_case/

Yeah, I knew the gravy train wouldn't last forever. That's one thing I DO LIKE about google, they let me bid on my competitors trademark name as a keyword. Unreal! I'm like a kid in a candy store, until they change the laws.

Can you imagine someone searching for ukwebmasterworld.com, they type in your domain, and then BAM! right at the top or top/right they see, "Paulsreallycoolwebmasterworld - Leave the pretenders and join the contenders. Sign up is free."? And all I had to pay was a nickel or two to allure your customer.

I'm lovin' it, but not for long, until the laws change.

rofl, that's hilarious Paul. Sadly I've searched for specific sights on google and noticed the actual sitename entered in Googles search bar was listed below two or three other sites.

"Sadly"? No, Duke, there's nothing sad about that. It's exploitation and capitolism at its finest. That's the only thing I like about the googliods; they're greedy and I love exploiting other's greed. It's very easy to do.

There are some bad people about :D

I mean you take this example of what some nasty person has done. Three are a couple of BIG rugby teams where I live, the two main ones being the Scarlets RFC (the dirty scum sucking opposition) And the Ospreys RFC (the all conquering angels of the game) Guess which one I support :D

Anyhow, if you visit the scarlets rfc website http://www.scarletsrfc.co.uk/ wait around for a few seconds, and see what happens. ;)

Domain Squatting is a naughty business, and I think those nasty people at DEMUK and ScumV rugby should be beaten. Oh hang on that is me ;)

Paul_KY said:
"Sadly"? No, Duke, there's nothing sad about that. It's exploitation and capitolism at its finest. That's the only thing I like about the googliods; they're greedy and I love exploiting other's greed. It's very easy to do.

Don't you think this will eventually hurt Google's market share as a top Search Engine because their no longer returning the results searched for?

MI
Back