Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google KW Tool - Exact or Broad?

steve123

Administrator
Administrator
Hello,

Could anyone please advise.

When using the Google Keyword Tool do I need to use exact match for article marketing? I read that using the broad match option inflates the results. However, I also read that broad search is fine if your not using an Adwords campaign.

Thanks,
Regards,
Steve.

Steve,

You are just talking doing keyword research for article marketing?

You could use either, just realize the difference in the numbers it gives you.

Personally I only use broad match if I am doing broad research such as picking a niche or examining website keyword themes. When picking a specific keyword or keywords to optimize a page or article, I think you should almost always use exact match. Using broad match may be misleading unless you also take the time to see what other keywords are included in that broad grouping. You may find that a lot of the broad matched keywords are not actually related to what you're writing about.

I use exact match everytime when researching. They way I look at it is, if I can live with xxxx exact searches, which will come quite quickly, if you're properly targeting that phrase or building on exact match domains, you can later start to scale out for the larger fish. Or even better once you've achieved authority and rank with those exact matches you can link to another site for the broad match and you'll have yourself a legitimate powerful link wheel going on.

banners
Back