Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google: How many links per page?

D

djbaxter

How many links per page?
Matt Cutts
March 9, 2009

I?m about to publish a blog post with a ton of links in it ? almost two hundred of them. So before I did that, it seemed like a good time to talk about Google?s recommendation to ?Keep the links on a given page to a reasonable number (fewer than 100).? Why do we provide that recommendation, and what if you decide to ignore that guidance?

The original reason we provided that recommendation is that Google used to index only about 100 kilobytes of a page. When we thought about how many links a page might reasonably have and still be under 100K, it seemed about right to recommend 100 links or so. If a page started to have more than that many links, there was a chance that the page would be so long that Google would truncate the page and wouldn?t index the entire page.

...more

Thanks for that, i don't have any sort of idea on Links..But i think no one will include that many links in their site, if he/she did so they are asking for trouble...

Taking too many links on the page may drive google consider your blog - a spam. I advice you to break your blog into various posts and distribute the links.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think unless you have a damned good reason, such as a list, more than 100 links would just make the page look a mess, in fact, with the exception of menus I personally wouldn't have more than 5-10, but that's just from an aesthetics perspective.

I always try stay under 20 inbound links/page because I don't want to lose my good ranking. 80% of those links are sponsored links and 50% of them are not related to my websites and that's why I can't risk to have more links. 100 would be very much for me. ;)

banners
Back