The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google and Sitewide links

Looks like they are abandoning PR altogether.
That is why they keep delaying and delaying PR updates.

They lot control of how to handle PR calculation.

As far as i know every every single page will pass forward the PR, so it won't count as one backlink.

i do not understand this sitewide links are good or bad.if i were a google engineer, i will call the sitewide links as paid links.because a link on all pages is not logical.

but we can see sitewide links on blogger like Inside AdSense .that means they are useful.

i will call the sitewide links as paid links.because a link on all pages is not logical.

I don't agree with that... how can you know or suppose a site wide is a paid link ?
If you have many sites... you can promote your other sites this way...
If you are partnering with someone....
if you're a fan of something or somebody...
There are many reasons to use site wides without the need of being paid.

Unfortunately the original question is flawed.

But I will answer it anyhow. For PR transfer EVERY page is counted as page rank is per page not site. For link benefit google has a cut off point and appears (Rightly) to assume that a sitewide link is in fact a purchased or traded link (money doesn't have to change hands for it to be a bought link, a reciprocal is also a bought link as a link is traded.

Stock post, I disagree with your assumption that google 'lost control' of how to handle it. I assume you mean that they can not control the skewed values caused by link mongering? Google have never lost control though, same as they did not lose control of displaying backlinks, did not lose control of showing supplemental pages etc. they made a corporate business decision to stop doing what they did and move to a new system.

I'm sure Google will one day figure a way around this and count sitewide links as one link. Time will tell

What about sitewide links such as Powered by phpbb, vbulletin, esyndicat, phpld etc. I wonder how Google will act on these types of links.

Google removed the link benefit from PHPBB.com and many other sites a long time ago.

The last tests I carried out (18 months ago) showed Google leveled off link benefit at around 50 links from a domain. keep in mind that google do everything algorithmically so it is a simple thing to determine. So what I am saying is that the site did not climb higher even though more links were added, but PR did increase

i will call the sitewide links as paid links.because a link on all pages is not logical.

This is far off the mark, so any of my sites that link to my other sites is a paid link?

Now now.

As for the question itself, sitewide links are not seen as single links by any of the big three search engines although if you can position yourself to have links from hundreds of not thousands of websites then maybe if the search engines where to eventually see this as one link then you would be well positioned!

MI
Back