The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Google analytics

webrecsol

affiliate
hello friends,

I'm feeling slightly paranoid about using Google analytics.

I'm aware that bounce rate and a few other factors, all available through analytics, are also relevant to SEO.

The question is: would this information be available to Google if I didn't add their analytics script to my source code?

Thoughts please.

hello friends,

I'm feeling slightly paranoid about using Google analytics.

I'm aware that bounce rate and a few other factors, all available through analytics, are also relevant to SEO.

The question is: would this information be available to Google if I didn't add their analytics script to my source code?

Thoughts please.

My guess is no - they wouldn't be able to collect that type of info about your site.

No they won't

No they won't Google analytic works like statcounter or siteometer telling you no of visitors from which location per month.

From that you can analysis your keywords and website optimization strategy.

I see your point... you're thinking -- "if google knows my bounce rate has gone down will they put my rankings down"? For a start, they have plenty of data from SERP click through rates, Google Tool Bar users and Google Chrome users anyway so if your bounce rate was low they'd probably know anyway!

I personally dont think your Google analytics data has anything to do with your rankings.

I personally dont think your Google analytics data has anything to do with your rankings.

I'm not so sure.

I put a page up once but it suffered a terrible bounce rate which I could see in Analytics. Bounce rate was something like 80%. It was cached by Google initially but then it disappeared from the cache.

I then changed the page, stopped to PPC campaign for it (always seem to have higher bounces for PPC compared with organic for some reason) and clicked through to it without bouncing a few times. My bounce rate for the page came down to less than 50% and the page magically reappeared in Google cache.

Draw your own conclusions. :)

banners
Back