The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google adsbot?

Brandwalla

affiliate
Question for you good people:
Google adbot is searching my new site before I have a lot of content on it. The content that I do have is mostly affiliate links (I only have a few pages at the moment).

Will this early google adbot review affect my quality score?

Thanks for giving me an outlet to ask all of these basic questions!
Bill

Nope. Not yet anyway. I planned to do a little adwords, but if I was to buy traffic I would look to MSN, Yahoo and maybe Facebook first. I think a lot of my target uses Google.

Top priority is still cranking out all this content, though.

Google adbot is searching my new site before I have a lot of content on it. The content that I do have is mostly affiliate links (I only have a few pages at the moment).

Will this early google adbot review affect my quality score?

Are you doing Adsense then???

I never hear anyone talk about Google Adbot any more so I wondered.

If you are not doing Adwords Google can't give you a bad quality score.

Are you maybe just talking Google bot (without the ad?) Google bot has nothing to do with quality score, that's only for Adwords. (hence why I was confused.) Google bot just spiders content to list in the natural search results. Can't really stop her now if she's already spidered your site. But to get a good ranking she wants unique content not just affiliate links, so add some content when you can.

Me, confused? Never!
What happened was, I had installed a security filter to my server, and all this adsbot activity started up from 'adsbot-google'.

I won't be doing adsense, but planned on buying traffic from search engines, thus my question.

See adsbot-google - Google Search

That is indeed the Google Adwords bot.

New spider Adsbot-Google to check landing page quality

Yet another Google spider is going to be showing up -- adsbot-google will be used to monitor AdWords landing page quality.
While we strongly recommend against restricting our system's automatic review of your landing page, you can edit your site's robots.txt file to avoid a review. The file must explicitly exclude your page from our system visits as follows:
To prevent adsbot-google from accessing your site, add the following to your robots.txt file:
User-agent: adsbot-google
Disallow: /

To prevent adsbot-google from accessing parts of your site, add the following to your robots.txt file:
User-agent: adsbot-google
Disallow: /exclude/

Why does AdWords visit my ad's landing page? - AdWords Help

I think I'm just going to keep my head down and keep working on making a great site.

This is a lot like when I first got into the hosting business, all the security and admin stuff had me sweating. All the intricacies of keeping Goog happy is a recipe for sleepless nights.

I've not yet bought traffic, I'm still busy working on the content, but plan on rolling everything out in a few weeks.

That's what I'm wondering. I'm not doing adwords, and have never done. I do have an account, but haven't used it.

That's the crux of my confusion. If an adsbot is crawling an early site with not too much content, will the quality score be effected by this? I'm guessing probably not, because then every new blog would be hopelessly penalized.

MI
Back