The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Good Content vs Backlink

I would say backlinks are responsible for getting users to your site and content - to keep users there.

You should definitely work on the content first because you may get only one chance to turn visitor into customer.

I think good contents are more important, you can actually get get people linking to you without you asking them to if you have fantastic contents on your site.

Yes, Temi has it right. And in fact, I say that all the backlinks in the world will not
do you any good if there is nothing to hold the traffic in way of content.

I agree with Temi...content is slightly more important as it might give you free backlinks and also it might get quite a few visitors to your website. After I have placed a few science - related articles to one of my sites I have been surprised to see people coming with keywords like "research institute" or "different types of earth sciences"

Good content would it top 10 times of 10 everytime. Good content = links from your own website being counted as backlinks.

This cannot be beaten in making a website highly successful and is very satisfying.

Something like this oftentimes means pure concentration one site!!!

Links get you ranked, content get you conversions.

If RANKING ALONE is yuor goal, then just have blank pages on he site. and loads of links.

It is possible to have a VERY successfull site with no backlinks whatsoever, (using PPC of course) so THAT should really answer your question :)

Would have to say content but it is all part of your strategic approach. Chicken and egg resolved ;-) good site content means you will get good links, easier and better results. As for what element is more important you would have to pay attention to both, but start with content IMHO.

Google love the original content. If you have good content you can get free backlinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google love the original content. If you have good content you can get free backlinks and I think that is better than backlinks...
I'm not understanding you Geme. You say, "free backlinks...is better than backlinks"?
And yes, good content will be content people will want to link to - but how
will they find your site among the millions (or 1k depending on your niche)
of sites on the internet? So both are important, content being King, and backlinks
being the Road To The Kingdom!

I believe both are important but primarily the content and as the other guys say original content.

Why make a duplicate of something else. People like to see something fresh and if they see something the same as they already know and use then they are just gonna adopt the attitude of whats the point joining here or looking any further.

Obviously you cannot make it 100% original but at least try and make it 50% and the other 50% is good for the people who are newbies or for the oldies to browse within your site rather than returning to where they were visiting before.

Thats my opinion anyways.

As for backlinks you should attain those easily once you have good content. Apart from the backlinks i have worked for I have over 1000 backlinks attained by other people adding my links to sites and through others adding to signature in other forums.

Regarding forums people tend to be like sheep in this way if 1 goes soon many follow.
I started a dog site for a rare breed(meaning not many owners worldwide) i told about 6 people and 4 months later i have over 240 members and 60% are daily visitors and of the remaining i would say that 35% visit 2 or 3 times per week.

Phil
HTH

MI
Back