The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Going Mobile Friendly

F

fitnfree

Hey everyone...been reading a lot about "going mobile" lately. Personally I don't use any mobile Internet connection so I'm rather clueless on this one and but am wondering if I shouldn't be looking into making my sites "mobile" friendly. Having two very large sites that never used feeds I'm almost afraid to find out what I must all do!

Is anyone else doing this, or have you done this? Would love to hear how you did it and how it's going for you, if you have - thanks.

i don't have much experience with this, but i would google something using htaccess. i know that when i go to gmail.com on my phone, it automatically sends me to google's special wap version of gmail. maybe it's based on user agent?

Thanks, Todd. Well, I took the plunge for one of my sites - did a lot of reading and such first. Too soon to know if it's going to pay off, but since Google AdSense allows one mobile ad per mobile page, I figured why not give that a try, too. Sometimes a person just has to dive in, I guess, to learn. ;) Thanks for the feedback.

PS> Wanted to add that there is a meta tag you can add to your headers that directs Google/SE's to your mobile page and also over-rides Google's own transcoder:

< link rel="alternate" type="text/html" media="handheld" href="http://yoursitehere.mobi" title="Mobile/PDA" / >

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back