The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Getting Started with Youtube

500days

Get your fix Ninja!
affiliate
Hello everyone. I am happy to setup this YouTube case study . I will be having a few questions for those who have used you tube successfully.
First things first, I have setup my site, real quick as i am a designer myself and registered a .com . I will be promoting mostly coupons and free samples, Most of these are email submits e.t.c. There is no incentive traffic. The YouTube videos are then linked to my main site domain where i will also build my list once i start seeing some traffic.

My main goal is to hit 300 videos before looking into earnings. The average number of videos I will be uploading per day will be 10.
The Main goal monetarily is to see 500 days, I know it takes quite some work, and am ready to put it in.

Tools of Trade:

- Keyword Tool (Adwords tool, Ubersuggest and Keywordxtreme)
- Video Marketing Dominator (VMD) (Although produces only 1 background videos, but can convert text to speech, and Spin)
- Windows Movie maker - Still important for me to produce quality videos.
- Get views from view sharing website (Still haven't figured a way to go about this). The only thing i used before is viewet.com which charges $3 for 1k views. I want a free way to avoid spending though (You can advice on this). I have also heard of some opera/firefox techniques, but i do not think it works since i doubt if youtube counts them as legit views.
- Macromedia fireworks for background edits.
- Tube banking (This will be a concurrent test)

CPA Company I will be working with are 2 - Max bounty and Amped media

Methodology:

- First, RESEARCH - I focus a lot on keyword research. I spend most of my time in adwords tool first (filter local 5000-20,000), then move to uber suggest to get those long tail keywords. I then use keyword xtreme to compare and get the real statistics. Keyword xtreme pulls lots of keywords long tail with Broad Search, Phrase Search, All in Title. I still don't know which column to sort by. I will need your help on whether to focus on broad OR exact plus the correct range of numbers to target. I do not want to target a keyword with 100million searches and 1million competitors then i get lost inside there. Please advice, I can send sample KW file to experts only for advice.
- Secondly, Straight to Making YouTube videos (Either Text to Speech videos with 1 background (using VMD) in 5minutes OR (Audio Visual using Windows Movie maker in 20-30minutes).
- I will be doing direct linking as I still do not know how to setup tracking for this. I also try and include the keyword in the description and in the tags as well. I put around 5-8 tags.
- Once videos are up, I ping it, Digg it, Reddit (Although they keep me waiting 1hr), Pin it to send automatically to twitter and Facebook.

So far so good, I have never tried videos and I hope that through the help of this community , I will be able to make a difference in other peoples lives and mine as well.

Action Taken in last 2 days:
Did 12 videos, - 10 promoting some baby offers whilst 2 promoting a beverage drink.
I made 5 videos and spinned them to be 10 videos which I developed using VMD whilst the other 2 were done using Windows movie maker.
Finally, I proceeded today and Digged them, reddit them, pinned them and tweeted as well.

Results
I am top 5 for some 2 videos already for their specific keywords , but still no traffic yet. also impressed to see one video I created competing with another one of mine too. I also noted videos appear as fast as in minutes to show in Google.

Still 0 Clicks

I will keep you posted as I move along.

I am doing YouTube in order to raise some cash for investment in Pay Per View as I tested one and was impressed to make a small loss. A sign, that i needed more and more testing to get it done.

Feel free to share your opinions, advice, corrections for the overall benefit of us all. BTW, I am into Internet Marketing full time and hope that we be of help to each other. Thanks

All the Best, Cheers

Ben

I know you are pretty deep in to this one but if you would like a strategy that works real well on You!
Tube I have one for you because you are going to have a hard time getting views.
Google search Truth About Abs New Ebook
That's my video at the top avg $100 a day with clickbank anyway just to show you I know what I am talking about!
Every video that you make go to fiver and find someone to submit your videos to traffic geyser !
I use the guy in the purple pimp hat but there is a few guys.
Then backlink your video on relevant forms & blogs .
That should help you with views.
Keep us posted how you make out

Hi, Flying Ninja :D

Your case study sounds very good. Tell how it develops, that would be interesting.

Keyword xtreme pulls lots of keywords long tail with Broad Search, Phrase Search, All in Title. I still don't know which column to sort by. I will need your help on whether to focus on broad OR exact plus the correct range of numbers to target. I do not want to target a keyword with 100million searches and 1million competitors then i get lost inside there.
Although I don´t know Keyword xtreme, I would recommend you to pick the exact result mode and then to analyze the competition. (100 mill searches, but only 1 competitor - that would be the dream, lol )

Maybe you can find further infos also in Jay´s good intro vid here at CPAFix:
http://www.cpafix.com/f32/how-im-making-$2-view-youtube-really-2678/
(Btw, Jay´s threads are always worth a read.)

Best wishes
Air Ninja :D

Thanks for this tac88 . Your video looks awesome. I wonder the kind of software used to make it. You must have mastered SEO using video too. I learnt something there
I will give traffic geyser a try with one video and see how it goes later today.
$100 Per day with 1 video. This is super crazy. Haven't heard this before.
Keep following through, I will keep you guys posted

I know you are pretty deep in to this one but if you would like a strategy that works real well on You!
Tube I have one for you because you are going to have a hard time getting views.
Google search Truth About Abs New Ebook
That's my video at the top avg $100 a day with clickbank anyway just to show you I know what I am talking about!
Every video that you make go to fiver and find someone to submit your videos to traffic geyser !
I use the guy in the purple pimp hat but there is a few guys.
Then backlink your video on relevant forms & blogs .
That should help you with views.

Thanks Marc for the advice. I will be now focusing more on the exact mode.
Just signed up on Jays site and can say its all awesome
I will keep you posted later in the day.
Will resubmit 1 video using traffic geyser and doing optimizations.

Cheers

Hi, Flying Ninja :D

Your case study sounds very good. Tell how it develops, that would be interesting.

Although I don´t know Keyword xtreme, I would recommend you to pick the exact result mode and then to analyze the competition. (100 mill searches, but only 1 competitor - that would be the dream, lol )

Maybe you can find further infos also in Jay´s good intro vid here at CPAFix:
(Btw, Jay´s threads are always worth a read.)

Best wishes
Air Ninja :D

Marc, Jays video you referred me to sent me to a very good case study he did earlier using SEO. I will be using some very cool tips i learnt there for my videos.
One of the best case studies i have ever come across so far.

I will be doing more manual submissions today and build a few more back links as well.
he already had some good list there already.

Thanks for the clarification on exact and broad match

Look forward to updates.

Ben

TODAYS STATS

Hey Gys, here are the stats

Note: I am using 1 Video per Keyword. I also put 5-7 related keywords in the tags
My Baby Offer Videos(10) are instructional videos whilst the Drink offer videos(2) are just holiday songs with cute pics.
I also tried to split test these to see which ones are doing better.
Remember yesterday, I digged, Reddit, tweeted thats all.

BABY KEYWORD 1 with Broad - 2090000 and Phrase Search- 1000000 ( Video 1)
Youtube: #1 in exact search for keyword
Google: Ranking on Page 15
Now showing 311 Views after I tried to boost with 1k (They are slow views i guess)-

BABY KEYWORD 2 - with Broad 4650000 and Phrase Search 4650000 (Video 2)
YouTube: Shows in Page 2. Video 1 also shows in page 2 for this keyword.
Google: Page 24
No Views

BABY KEYWORD 3 with Broad Search - 220000 and Phrase Search - 87000 (Video 3)
Youtube: #7 on page 1
Google: Video not in Top 40
Views : 11

BABY KEYWORD 4 with Broad - 4880000 and Phrase Search 0 (Video 4)
Youtube: #8
Google: Not in top 30
No Views

BABY KEYWORD 5 with Broad - 16300000 and Phrase Search 164000 (Video 5)
YouTube: #2 on page 1
Google: not in top 20
Video 4 also shows up last on the same page 1 for this keyword
No Views for video 5

BABY KEYWORD 6 (Got using google search trends and decided to try) (Video 6)
YouTube: page 2
Google: Not in top 20
No views

BABY KEYWORD 7 (Got in google search trends and decided to try) (Video 7)
YouTube: #1 on Page 1
No views

BABY KEYWORD 8 (Got in google search trends and decided to try) (Video 8)
Youtube: #5
Still no views

BABY KEYWORD 9 with Broad - 1750000 and Phrase Search 830000 (Video 9)
Youtube : #1 on Page 1
Google: Page 2
No Views
(Seems Potential)

BABY KEYWORD 10 (No DATA in Google, Just preparing this for the new year) (Video 10)
Youtube: #1 Page 1
Googe : Not top 20
Still No Views

DRINK KEYWORD 1 (No data in Google adwords tool) - Video 11
Youtube: Page 1
Google : Page 6
42 Views - Amazingly. Still No clicks. Let me wait till 100 and see
Submitted using Traffic Geyser (Waiting for results) - Christmas Related
Looks like the best performing one so far.

DRINK KEYWORD 2 (No data in Google adwords tool) - Video 12
Google: # 2 page 1
Youtube: #7 Page 1
Should start getting traffic come 2013
No Views

TODAY'S EARNINGS
Yay!
1 Click
1 conversion = $1.50

Thanks guys, feel free to share, advice, correct for the benefit of us all. I will keep you posted how this goes.
BTW, I am still not doing more videos today until I know which videos are doing better in views to scale.

Cheers.

Ben

Your doing great with it.
My best advice for you is continue what you are doing. Pick what is converting. Make quality video about it. Focus.
Youtube is banning a lot when they see something unusual with your IP's and uploads so, be careful when doping a mass upload.
Also, monitor where you get your conversions and views. So, that you will know what approaches work in a certain traffic source.
Get some data. Asap. and repeat what is working. I hope for the best and may flaggers go away from your vids, :)

Thanks Seomard :)

I hope the flaggers will cross a mile away from them.
I am into this man. I mean, if others can do it, I can too.
BTW, I am only uploading 2 videos per account. Am alsorunning on a vpn with around 8 ip's so i guess am safe with no cookie tracking.

I still have problem with tracking though, How i wish i found a nice tool to help with tracking each video's performance
For now, I am just using the views to track, :D

Checkout for updates

Thanks

Ben

Your doing great with it.
My best advice for you is continue what you are doing. Pick what is converting. Make quality video about it. Focus.
Youtube is banning a lot when they see something unusual with your IP's and uploads so, be careful when doping a mass upload.
Also, monitor where you get your conversions and views. So, that you will know what approaches work in a certain traffic source.
Get some data. Asap. and repeat what is working. I hope for the best and may flaggers go away from your vids, :)

If you have some budget then hire a good looking girl from Fiverr to do a testimonial of the offer and make it you main video and do some good Video seo of that. Remember to put a long description in the video, trust me this would help a lot

Yeah. I am not being negative or anything. Don't worry. It's hard to create accounts now in Youtube. So, flaggers are not that many nowadays in youtube. And even competition is getting low there. :)

Thanks for the awesome tip there man. I saw one lady featured there. I will get her do a review. This can work well with the baby offers i guess.
Still trying to avoid spending much though.

If you have some budget then hire a good looking girl from Fiverr to do a testimonial of the offer and make it you main video and do some good Video seo of that. Remember to put a long description in the video, trust me this would help a lot

Sounds great for me. Seemingly I just jumped in at the right time.
BTW, I am using pva YT accounts i got off fiverr. pretty cool:eek:

Yeah. I am not being negative or anything. Don't worry. It's hard to create accounts now in Youtube. So, flaggers are not that many nowadays in youtube. And even competition is getting low there. :)

Hey do not forget to share the crap out of it with every social site on YouTube and whatever else you come up with !

:) Sure, I will keep you guys posted on the crap i come across as well.

Here is a free video sharing site that does what traffic geyser does but not as extreme
[url]https://www.oneload.com
[/URL]
Another big save. At least I will save on fiverr . Just Setup account but i cannot upload. Getting Error "You are no longer able to upload or deploy videos through OneLoad." Seen it in two accounts now

Exactly what i was looking for. Thanks a bunch . Setting up accounts now

I would suggest making a dedicated Youtube channel for the specific offer. Whatever video you are considering as your main video all the supporting videos should give a link back to the main video. Consider making a structure of videos same as when we do in any particular site, try to develop a structure of link backs of your own this way it would be unique. Also remember to login frequently to your main Youtube account. Consider making some dummy Youtube accounts need not be PVA and give backlink to your main video.

Good idea mastermind. I was actually thinking of doing video responses using the other accounts to the main one. I guess this would act like back links as well since they are related.

Although . Am a little skeptical with having a 'main account' with several videos as i hear of YT banning some accounts.

At the moment, I am social bookmarking the videos to over 20 sites as tac recommended.

Still gathering data then i keep you guys updated.

Cheers,

Ben

I would suggest making a dedicated Youtube channel for the specific offer. Whatever video you are considering as your main video all the supporting videos should give a link back to the main video. Consider making a structure of videos same as when we do in any particular site, try to develop a structure of link backs of your own this way it would be unique. Also remember to login frequently to your main Youtube account. Consider making some dummy Youtube accounts need not be PVA and give backlink to your main video.

Getting social bookmarks is a very good idea, infact this will definitly help you gain good ranks. Meanwhile this is my opinion that if you upload only two or three videos on a particular account, you would be frequently doing login then with this you will gain some trust with youtube and this would help in not getting your account banned. On the other hand doing video responses is a good idea. All the best for your earnings.

Good idea mastermind. I was actually thinking of doing video responses using the other accounts to the main one. I guess this would act like back links as well since they are related.

Although . Am a little skeptical with having a 'main account' with several videos as i hear of YT banning some accounts.

At the moment, I am social bookmarking the videos to over 20 sites as tac recommended.

Still gathering data then i keep you guys updated.

Cheers,

Ben

Hey guys,

Here are the stats so far after doing the stuff i highlighted earlier.
I only did social bookmarks after uploading them, no big fuss.

BABY KEYWORD 1 with Broad - 2,090,000 and Phrase Search- 1000000 ( Video 1)
You tube: Still #1 for exact search
Google: Ranking Moved from page 15 to page 10 :p
Views
Day 1 - 311
Day 2 - 311
Day 3 - 317
Day 4 - 317
Day 5 - 431
Remember these were slow 1k views that i purchased, some real ones could be in there.

BABY KEYWORD 2 - with Broad 4650000 and Phrase Search 4650000 (Video 2)
YouTube: Shows in Page 1, #15. Moved from page 2. Video 1 also shows in page 1 just above this video.
Google - Cant find its rank anymore
Views: Day 1 to 5
0 4 4 5 6
(Please advice on how to bring this one up on Google).

BABY KEYWORD 3 with Broad Search - 220000 and Phrase Search - 87000 (Video 3)
You tube: #7 on page 1
Google: Still low. Will check later after doing more back linking using responses/website.
Views : Day 1 -5
11 14 15 17 18

BABY KEYWORD 4 with Broad - 4880000 and Phrase Search 0 (Video 4)
You tube: #7
Views - Day 1 to 5
0 1 2 3 4

BABY KEYWORD 5 with Broad - 16300000 and Phrase Search 164000 (Video 5)
YouTube: #2 on page 1
Video 4 also shows up last on the same page 1 for this keyword
Views:
0 5 6 7 8

BABY KEYWORD 6 (Got using Google search trends and decided to try) (Video 6)
YouTube: Page 1 #14. Moved from page 2
views:
5 5 5 7 8

BABY KEYWORD 7 (Got in Google search trends and decided to try) (Video 7)
YouTube: Was #1 on Page 1 (Has now disappeared in search)
Views:
3 4 5 7 8

BABY KEYWORD 8 (Got in Google search trends and decided to try) (Video 8)
YouTube: now Now #4
Views:
0 2 3 4 5

BABY KEYWORD 9 with Broad - 1750000 and Phrase Search 830000 (Video 9)
Youtube : Still #1 on Page 1
Google:
Views:
1 5 6 7 8

BABY KEYWORD 10 (No DATA in Google, Just preparing this for the new year) (Video 10)
Youtube: #3 Page 1 . Moved from #1
Views:
0 2 3 4 5

DRINK KEYWORD 1 (No data in Google ad words tool) - Video 11
YouTube: Page 3 . Was initially in page 1. I wonder whether its the person that was trigger ready to hit the dislike button
Google : Disappeared
Views: Day 1 to Day 5
42 71 85 90 135
Amazingly. Still No clicks. Just hit 130 views with no clicks :confused:, I am thinking of changing this offer.
An expert can help me here

DRINK KEYWORD 2 (No data in Google ad words tool) - Video 12
Google: # 2 page 1
Youtube: #7 Page 1
Views:
0 14 26 29 46

Results:
No Earnings so far in past 4 days.

I also realized that the drink offer could be performing well since it was much more niche specific, I guess its because I used the brand name in title.
I am now doing more mini niche research and will do more videos on the same. I think this is where i must have missed it with the baby offers.
What I do now whilst researching ( I now try to pick keywords with exact search 200 - 3000). I chose to do it this way as i guess they are less used.
I also make sure that the keyword has a search result in big G of not more than 500,000. Less than 250,000 the better for me. They are hard to find though. :)

I will keep you guys posted and Feel free to share

Cheers
Ben

MI
Back