The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Getting started on SEO

mariya

affiliate
How do you start learning about SEO? Do you use tutorials on You Tube or do you learn it by working on it? SEO seems interesting and I'm going to give it a try because learning how search engines process the information may help me in the future. Better too know then not too know!

I gathered information by asking people that are on forums like these.

You take the info they give you and implement it. Try and test.

There are plugins and programs that can immensely improve your on-site optimization. after your site is primed, then venture into the world of Web 2.0 links, article sharing, backlinks, the list goes on...

When I started learning SEO, I used Google search to find the authority websites on SEO topics. I made points, learned SEO systematically and kept following the changes that took place from time to time. Compartmentalizing the bigger topics (for example: backlinks into different important types used for getting backlinks) into smaller important sections help learn those topics better and faster. There are tools that help create SEO methods, but some of the methods will require studying how those methods become effective. So actual experimenting, and not simply reading, every good method is a must activity while learning SEO.

I participated in forums until I knew enough, then I researched after that. I did it this way instead of going straight into Google searches because I thought it would be best to get a general understanding of it all first by browsing comments from real people, and learning terminologies, personal tips, etc. so I'd know what to look for. When I tried searching for SEO the first time without consulting with like-minded people first, I often just got overwhelmed with all the information, and some sites I landed on felt too much like it was selling me something, which I find very off-putting. Eventually, I got fed up and just joined forums like this, which definitely makes learning more fun and the information is much more genuine too.

Forums are a great knowledge, especially if they're SEO targeted, such as this one. I actually started by reading ebooks, if you search around the web, you can find tons available on different types of SEO, some go in-depth, some just list the popular ones. Learning SEO is fairly simple, there's really not much to it other than finding what you need to advertise, where your traffic will be coming from.

When I started learning SEO, I started with this PDF file created by Google that details all the basic information any webmaster needs to know. Once I understood and was able to apply all of the concepts laid out in that PDF, I then started searching through forums trying to figure out what other webmasters were doing. I found that creating my own set of websites, even free ones, was a better teacher than just reading about it. If you don't have the resources right now to put up your own website (or even the time), you could just do a search in Google for a certain set of keywords and observe the HTML source of the first 10 results. Mostly everything that a person needs to know about SEO can be found in the search results.

I learned about SEO from other people who were already successful in making money online using it. I write articles on revenue sharing websites. Many of the authors on those sites shared SEO techniques that were working for them. They worked for me also. There are some articles I wrote years ago that are still earning me money. Then there are some that didn't earn anything. There are many other variables involved.

I read blogs after blogs to start understanding it. Forums like this one too, and I'm still learning every day since SEO doesn't stay the same over time. It also helps to be constantly experimenting with your own sites.

You got that right Realism. Google keeps changing the rules. First they say back links are good. Then they say they aren't. Then they say some are and some aren't. It's always something. Websites that are on top today could be on the bottom tomorrow.

It certainly is a potentially overwhelming subject to start learning about, isn't it? I am very new to SEO and so far am finding forums to be the most valuable resource because the information isn't one-directional and you don't have to filter through a large amount of outdated sites the way you sometimes have to when searching the web for tutorials and how-tos. Plus on more active forums I've found that the questions that I have are the same questions that have occurred to others, so often they've already been asked and the answers are available before I even know I have a question!

You can find lots of useful tutorials online. These tutorials are free to access and you can learn quite a lot about SEO.

When I first began blogging and developing websites, search engine optimization or "SEO" sprung up in texts wherever I went. It seemed like more of a buzzword than anything important, but I would soon come to learn that it was very important indeed. This when I simply jumped right into it, learning the basics including the metadata tags, best practices with good old HTML, and then social media and backlinking. It was not very difficult to get started, and perhaps only took time to learn the full breadth of what was available in the SEO world, which I broke down into the most essential optimization techniques that I use on my websites to this day.

banners
Back