The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Getting online traffic

lexiseek

affiliate
This is one thing that you will need to do in order for your website to survive and thrive.

Here are a few tips to help build traffic to your website:

1. Offer a newsletter or mailing list subscription. People that are interested in your products or services can be contacted through a simple mailing. Make your content interesting or offer special sales or other promotions to keep them coming back.

2. Consider offline advertising. Print is a viable way to promote your domain name in targetted markets. Make sure to put your domain name or other contact details in the text of your advertising campaign.

3. Offer promotional products. Things like pens have a long shelf life and keep your name in the public.

4. Acquire links through link trades and link directories. This type of traffic is usually looking for the products or services related to your link partners. Directories are more likely to be timely with submission approvals.

5. Offer a "tell a friend" feature. This allows you to reach potential customers
without having to pay a lot for advertising. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to advertise.

6. Stay diligent! Rome was not built in a day, and websites are built to grow and extend.

Of course, there are a lot more tactics to drive traffic to your website, but this is just a few ways to get started.

More tactics include adding sticky content to your site that is updated regulary so that the visitors that you already have had will come back to your site again,

Another is to write articles about your sites content and leave your sites link in your author bio.

Another is to write a press release where you should get a little traffic, but hopefully one or two press editors will contact you and post an article about your business or something.

As you said there are many ways of getting traffic.

Hi,
Thank you for the tips. :)
Contents really work a lot, especially for SE.
Still, I have a question, what about putting ads on other websites?

Hi Ging,

You mean just regular advertising? Sure thats another important way to get traffic. You should not just rely on Search Engines because they can change algos or drop you.

I do lots of Guerilla marketing (low cost advertising) including PPC with Google and Overture, Adbrite and BlogAds. One of my new clients is another great option. www.text-link-ads.com. I have not tried them yet but plan to.

Plus of course having an affiliate program is another way to advertise on lots of sites :)

Linda,
In fact, we plan to put ads on google or yahoo and consider the CPC with google. But, correct me if I am wrong, I don?t think the bidding will be a low cost, especially I am still new to the on-line marketing. All the ads manners seems to be of little difference to me.
Thank you.

HI Ging,

You can get low cost PPC ads, just depends on the key phrases you pick.
Cell phones - may cost 4.50 per click, but specific model name "panasonic model xyz with silver case" may only be 30 cents a click. So you need to do lots of KW research. You can pay for a lot of low cost KWs and get fewer but more targeted clicks because people are looking for that exact phone.

I'd like to know more about writing articles

I'm trying to find a good place where I could find out some good tips on article writing. I want to learn how to write good content to submit to the free article directories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Linda Buquet said:
HI Ging,

Cell phones - may cost 4.50 per click, but specific model name "panasonic model xyz with silver case" may only be 30 cents a click. So you need to do lots of KW research. You can pay for a lot of low cost KWs and get fewer but more targeted clicks because people are looking for that exact phone.

Linda,
Wonderful! Thanks very much indeed :) I think your suggest is like an outlet to my hazy idea of my considering-using-PPC-ads plan. I'll be back for doing my homework of learning on-line marketing.

Linda Buquet said:
HI Ging,

Linda,

Let me ask you this - What are the chances that a searcher will type "panasonic model xyz with silver case?"

It's true that you can have KWs that cater to a specific target - geographic, product specific, and etc. However, the problem is the CTR of these KWs. The key is to find a mediocre priced KWs that will generate enough CTR and Conversion, I think.

MI
Back