The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Getting my toes wet...

Shoda

Hello!

Thought I'd introduce myself, hope to become a valuable member of the community.

I'm a marketing professional with a (fairly) hefty background in direct marketing, market research and management. Over the last 4 years I've been involved in Internet marketing - SEO and Paid Search Marketing, done in house and client based work with good success. About 14 years in marketing altogether.

Withing a couple of months, I'll be getting involved in affiliate marketing from the merchant side of things. Rather than be overwhelmed when it happens, I figure it's good to get involved in the discussion now so I'm somewhat prepared when it happens - though I'm sure there's no teacher quite like experience

I plan to lurk for a while, probably ask some dumb questions. I'm lucky to have enough experience in marketing to know that I should trust the experts who have already made the mistakes. I've been on the site before and really value Linda's insights into affiliate marketing. Hopefully my background will allow me to contribute some unique perspectives to the conversation later on.

I also want to extend a special thanks to Larwee for helping me reclaim an old username. Fits like a well worn slipper.:D

Welcome back to 5 Star, Shoda.

Thanks for returning after being away for so long and for giving us a very good introduction.

We always say that there are never any dumb questions. Ask whatever questions you might have whenever you have any.

With your background there will be a number of questions you will be able to answer for our members.

There is a lot here that could interest you as well as benefit you. One place you might want to look into is the Merchant & Affiliate Manager Discussions Forum http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/merchant-affiliate-manager-discussions/ since you plan to be involved from the merchant side of things.

We are glad to have you as a member and we look forward to your participation in our discussions.

Hi Shoda,

Really glad you joined us. Welcome. Your background will help you lots and I'm sure you'll do well. The fact that you're jumping in, in advance to start learning shows you have the attitude to make it too.

I know people say it all the time but Larry is right, here there really are no dumb questions. Look forward to getting to know you better.

banners
Back