The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Getting leads from GetResponse and passing their name and other data to your pages with FunnelFlux

Vita Vee

In this short tutorial, we are going to see how to collect leads and pass their data to your landers and offers within the same FunnelFlux funnel.

We will illustrate this with the funnel below, where we want to display the name and email address of a subscriber, when he reaches the thank you page:

file.php

The 1st thing to note here, is that the Optin Form is setup as an offer, with a $0 payout. The reason is that we want to track the optins as conversions, and in FunnelFlux, only offers convert! ( which makes sense
wink.png
)

The 2nd thing to note, is that we have enabled the option "This is a conversion" on the action going out from the optin form. This way, we do not need to place any pixel, iframe or conversion script on our thank you page. To enable this option, you just have to double click on the action label, and a window will popup:

file.php

3rd thing: we want to have our thank you page receive any additional dynamic parameter that may be added when someone traverses the funnel.

For this, we will enable the option "This page needs all the accumulated URL Params":

file.php

After someone signs up to your list, GetResponse allows you to pass the collected data to your custom thank you pages. This is disabled by default, but you can enable it easily by opening your form settings (in your GetResponse account) and changing these 2 parameters:

file.php

Where it says "your action url here", you need to paste the action url going out from your optin form and going to your thank you page. You can get it by right clicking the action label and selecting "Get Action's URL":

file.php

And that's all!

Your leads data will then be passed automatically to your thank you page's URL.

With some PHP or Javascript, you can then display this data anywhere on your page.

GetResponse currently offers a free trial (no credit card needed), as well as FunnelFlux, so give it a try!

Did you use Getresponse in this example because that is who you recommend for email?

If not, who do you recommend for email optins?

I used GetResponse in this tutorial only because of customers requests.

Personally, I am using MyMail coupled with Amazon SES for the delivery.

I used GetResponse in this tutorial only because of customers requests.

Personally, I am using MyMail coupled with Amazon SES for the delivery.

I read that amazon does not like affiliate offers being sent through SES.

Are there any tips or tricks you can share so Amazon doesn't close account when they see affiliate offers being sent by SES??

I read that amazon does not like affiliate offers being sent through SES.

Are there any tips or tricks you can share so Amazon doesn't close account when they see affiliate offers being sent by SES??

They don't care as long as your data isn't sh*t. Most people complaining about account bans are due to sending to a scraped lists disquised as a legitimately purchased one.
Keep your bounces under under 3%. Ideally, you should aim for 1%.
Most sure you have bounce and complaints setup correctly before you hit send.
Ask your AM for an email suppression list, if they have one, and request one from the advertiser as well.

They don't care as long as your data isn't sh*t. Most people complaining about account bans are due to sending to a scraped lists disquised as a legitimately purchased one.
Keep your bounces under under 3%. Ideally, you should aim for 1%.
Most sure you have bounce and complaints setup correctly before you hit send.
Ask your AM for an email suppression list, if they have one, and request one from the advertiser as well.

Thanks! That was essentially what I was going to say :)

Keep your bounce + complaint rates low and you're good to go. I'm using this setup for several years for affiliate marketing and never had an issue.

Thanks! That was essentially what I was going to say :)

Keep your bounce + complaint rates low and you're good to go. I'm using this setup for several years for affiliate marketing and never had an issue.

Thank you for responding Vita.

Any particular web host you recommend when using MYMail + Amazon SES or any webhosts to definitely avoid when using this combo?

MI
Back