The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Get Traffic 2 Your Blog - 7 Ways

• Thread starter Affiliate Classroom
  • Start date
Great point. I generously link out to important newsworthy info my readers would be interested in but I do it at least in part for the trackback.

Sometimes when I've been one of the 1st to link to a ProBlogger, ShoeMoney or TechCrunch post I've gotten lots of traffic IF I've gotten there early enough. Because then all subsequent readers later that day see your blog name and link in the comments.

For new blogs another benefit is getting the attention of the authority blogs you link out to and quote. They may not know about your blog, they check it out to see if they'll approve your comment or trackback, maybe become a subscriber and end up blogging about one of your posts one day.

Wow, what a great thread. Thanks for all the great info on blogging. I can't wait to try out some of these suggestions on my blogs to increase traffic.

I have one quick question: If I have a home page that is different than my "Blog Page" will promoting my Blog inadvertently "hurt" my "main/home" page's ranking or popularity?

Oh, okay, good. Now, what if I want to allow backlinks to happen? Can this only be done if it is my own blog?

I was also wondering why so many people say it is a good idea to post on other people's blogs. Should I find blogs of people who are selling products similar to mine and then promote from my product in my signature or something?

Sorry, these are probably REALLY basic questions but I was just wondering because I have really only done PPC and a little bit of facebook, twitter marketing before. I am new to blogs and hubs, and whatever else there is out there. Are these all considered types of social bookmarking or something?

What exactly is social bookmarking?

Sorry for my rants :(

George Webster

I was also wondering why so many people say it is a good idea to post on other people's blogs. Should I find blogs of people who are selling products similar to mine and then promote from my product in my signature or something?

I doubt that blogs with similar products are going to allow your comment with your competing link.

You want to find blogs on the topic or niche you are in.

When you comment on blogs you don't have a signature and if you add a link to your blog within the content, the comment probably won't be approved. When you sign up there is a space for a link to your blog.

No blogs and hubs are not social bookmarking, they are considered social media marketing. Social bookmarking is just for storing your bookmarks in a public place where they can be shared.

When you comment on blogs you don't have a signature and if you add a link to your blog within the content, the comment probably won't be approved. When you sign up there is a space for a link to your blog.

No blogs and hubs are not social bookmarking, they are considered social media marketing. Social bookmarking is just for storing your bookmarks in a public place where they can be shared.

Oh, okay, thanks. I have two questions then: Is the only link I have (when I reply on others' blogs and other niche-related blogs) the "backlink" to my site when I sign up? Question Two: What is SOCIAL BOOKMARKING then. Any examples on how and IF I should also implement this form of marketing in my Affiliate Marketing Efforts would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

George Webster

Oh, all right. My only question that remains is this: Then how do people get to your site. Is there anywhere for them to click on; i.e. a signature or something? Or, is the purpose for blogging to just get your name out?

Sorry for all of my questions? I am just in the "Blogging Information Overload" stage right now!

Anyway, thanks for your help.

George

MI
Back