The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Get Control of Information Overload with TaskMaps

wandav22

affiliate
I'm new to Affiliate Marketing and one thing that is apparent to me with all of the excellent tools available today is - there is just too much information to assimulate quickly.

Just downloading the product can be difficult and complex for a newbie. Then you might have to watch 5 or 10 videos, reading several PDFs and then have to actually install the affiliate tool and learn to use it. Just taking notes just does not work well in this environment.

I don't know about you but much of this stuff is click here, open this, upload that and a thousand other steps you need to do to successfully install a product.

My concern is I want to get all the "meat" out of the videos and PDFs and document them as processes that I can repeat any time in the future. Plus by documenting everything I wanted to check I was doing all the steps in the videos and not missing anything. I just don't fancy going back through all the videos trying to find something I might have forgotten.

I grappled with this problem for some time and went searching on the Internet. I tried MindMaps, Excel List and other methods but then I came across a site called TaskMap.com. Their product TaskMap is an add-on for Microsoft's Visio. It is a process mapping product that allows you to record on a Visio diagram all the steps you need to take to complete any process. For instance that process might be to download an affiliate tool, install it and manage it. Another might include all the steps to use that product on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.

With TaskMap you can completely define an action such as "Click Update Now", and you can copy and paste the image of "Click Update Now" onto the Visio diagram as a reminder to yourself of what to look for. You can also add links to that task that might point to websites or documents that aid in explaining that task, or link to other tasks on the same TaskMap or other TaskMaps.

The real advantage of TaskMaps is that once you have created your TaskMaps and successfully used them once, you have a complete step-by-step record of what needs to be done to repeat that same process, in a week, a month or a year from now.

Not only that you can outsource this work knowing that you have a complete process an Outsourcer could follow to duplicate your efforts, and do it much faster and in exactly the same way you did.

I believe if you are going to do affiliate marketing you need to invest money and time to document all the processes as you go, so they can be easily repeated by you or someone else. Over time you would have a library of TaskMaps covering all your favorite Affiliate tools. This would leave you to do the more entreprenuerial work that should bring in the money to reward you for your efforts. This is what affiliate marketing is really about in my view.

You can read more on TaskMap by going to their site.

Hi kylecarson,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.

Whatever you do you will need some method of organization that works for you. TaskMaps do that for me. They are my "Trust System" for storing all the steps I need to do to get my affiliate marketing business up and running.

banners
Back