The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Frustration!!!!

LittleDreamer

affiliate
Ahhh I'm so frustrated! Ive joined up to be an affiliate but I just can't seem to get anywhere! How do you promote your affiliate links? I've tried loads of ways such as writing articles (Ive published over 20 different articles), submitted my articles to over 20 different bookmarking sites, tried on forums (kept getting banned!Don't do it anymore promise!:eek: )

I cant seem to find any advice on this so please, please help!:confused:

Thanks!

Hi LittleDreamer,

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and frustrated when you 1st start out. In part it's because lots of people who are trying to sell you junk - by making it sound like its easy to get rich in your underwear, if only you knew their special secret trick. Not true! It's not easy to get started and there is no surefire path the success. Lots of ways to get started and no one way is good for everyone. But with focused effort and lots of learning, you can get there!

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started. We don't allow anyone to try to sell you anything and we don't try to sell you anything either so it's pure good intentioned advice.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

If I may add, little dreamer, that I think that you need to have your own website. I know a lot of affiliate marketers would disagree here but I think it is the way to go. It certainly worked for me

You can then put your content with your affiliate links inserted on your site

All your forum participation and article writing will then be focussed on driving traffic to your site rather than to an affiliate link reducing the risk of getting banned.

You will get frustrated from time to time but just focus on the goal, keeping seeking advice as necessary and work hard

Good point Niche. I just assumed LittleDreamer already had a site and that's what was being promoted. But if LittleDreamer is just dropping affiliate links then yes, that could be a big part of the problem.

It's like putting pieces of a puzzle and everything has to fit. Even if have your own site if the niche you are promoting is "get rich quick" or Internet marketing or computers or other very competitive products it would be hard to compete. But even if you have a great niche but are just dropping links and don't have a site it would be hard to be successful. It takes a combo of the right things.

So thats why, read some of the stickies to get a better feel for things before doing anything else.

I do have a website, but I'm just not going anywhere... Ive basically got an information website and was planning on making my money through the affiliates, however its just not going anywhere!:(

more questions?

Hello Little Dreamer,

How long have you had the website?

20 Articles? Were they submitted to 20 article sites or to an Auto service for mass submission?

How did you find your niche, is there anyone searching for it, is it a popular niche? Is there a demand for the affil products you are promoting?

Is your landing page and content retaining and attracting visitors, and is your sales pitch effective?

These are some of the questions that may be the answers.

Also, remember that sometimes it takes a while and certainly alot of marketing effort to make money, it is not an overnight thing, some people in this business don't see a dime for year or more.

And, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and look for another niche, try, test fail and try again, that is the reality of this business!

banners
Back