The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Fresh arrival, 1st post

G

getpaid2shop

I've been studying Affiliate Marketing for some time now (at arm's length) but I am now ready to roll up my sleeves and get going. I have also followed 5 star in my learning efforts before recently joining up with the group.
Could you offer some suggestions and/or criticism to my start up business plan? I have aligned with lunar pages and commission junction for hosting and advertisers. My initial business model is to offer cash kickbacks on completed sales to my website visitors via paypal to visitor's email address (as a percentage of commission payouts from advertisers). Basically a simplified twist on the old rebate concept, traffic builder to affiliate sales with visitor incentive carrot. Of course, driving traffic to my website is another major undertaking.
With thousands of advertisers to choose from, can you recommend a sector
or niche that would most likely lead to my success? Trends?
Wisdom seeker, Quest maker.

Hi getpaid2shop,

Welcome to our 5 Star Community. Glad you found us. Hope we can help you get started in the right direction.

With thousands of advertisers to choose from, can you recommend a sector or niche that would most likely lead to my success?

It's impossible to say. If there was one or even a few "best" niches, everyone would be doing them and they'd be too competitive.

Key is to carve out a niche for yourself that people are searching for yet doesn't have too much competition. Could be a niche within a niche even.

Read <a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/niche-marketing/">How to Pick Your 1st Niche</a> and do a personal inventory to see if you can come up with something you are passionate about or know about that could be a good niche market.

FYI "simplified twist on the old rebate concept" this is not simple. It's a model that is fraught with issues and will complicate your affiliate marketing more than you know. There are lots of dishonest rebates companies out there that are affiliates and steal from other affiliates. So you will be 'branded' as one of those and possibly will get declined by merchants. There are other issues too. Knowing everything I know after being in this business for almost 8 years - I wouldn't do the rebate model if someone paid me, so def think for a newbie to start there is a big mistake.

MI
Back