The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Freelance writing sites

Eudora13

affiliate
How many of you earn money through writing gigs online? I've tried my hand at several sites, but none of them have been satisfactory. Most of them don't have enough writing projects, and those which do, reject your articles no matter how well you write them. So far the only site that I have consistently earned through is Textbroker. But the since I'm not a resident of the States I have to write for someone else, meaning I get only half the payment. :(

Are there any sites like Textbroker that non-US residents can write for? There's a Textbroker.uk but they're not taking in anymore writers at present. Which sites have you written for that has worked for you?

If you can land a good job on Elance or oDesk you can do pretty well. The best jobs to try and get are the kind where you are writing for a blog that needs weekly or biweekly posts. You might not make a killing but it is a way to generate a little extra cash.

How many of you earn money through writing gigs online? I've tried my hand at several sites, but none of them have been satisfactory. Most of them don't have enough writing projects, and those which do, reject your articles no matter how well you write them. So far the only site that I have consistently earned through is Textbroker. But the since I'm not a resident of the States I have to write for someone else, meaning I get only half the payment. :(

Are there any sites like Textbroker that non-US residents can write for? There's a Textbroker.uk but they're not taking in anymore writers at present. Which sites have you written for that has worked for you?

To be honest, It's all about creating awareness and having yourself a salescopy put together for your writing skills which I'm sure you already have. I promote through fiverr.com a great site for many freelance writers to start off with $5 and charge an additional $20 for an extra 500 words and etc. This is where you can make real money and this is where you can get people to know about you. If you like I can send you my eBook that could help you further on where you could promote your services that has a whole bunch of sites, please feel free to PM me if you want it! :)

Hey I would know a little about Fiverr because so far I have had no luck with it, but may be I am not on it regularly hence I do not find the same luck as others, but any tips regarding this site are welcome...

Most of them don't have enough writing projects, and those which do, reject your articles no matter how well you write them.
This is the same problem I've encountered over and over again, and it is very frustrating. After ejecting your article, there is no guarantee that they still don't use it for the intended purpose. I'm yet to come across a legitimate site which also accepts non US citizens.

If you're looking for sites which seems not to run out with writing gigs, try Essaysharks.com You have to take a test before you're admitted to check for your English grammar and efficiency. The only complain i have was you have to take double efforts because many of their clients who are mostly students are used to hire those writers who have been there for sometime and are already tested.

Jonathan Leger has a new site, ineedarticles.com. It requires a test first; you must write a 500 word article in 30 minutes which is then submitted for review before you are hired. They periodically offer the test and hire new writers. Has anyone worked for this site?

What about Constant Content? Content Divas? Yahoo Contributor Network? Does anyone have any experience with any of these sites?

To be honest, It's all about creating awareness and having yourself a salescopy put together for your writing skills which I'm sure you already have. I promote through fiverr.com a great site for many freelance writers to start off with $5 and charge an additional $20 for an extra 500 words and etc. This is where you can make real money and this is where you can get people to know about you. If you like I can send you my eBook that could help you further on where you could promote your services that has a whole bunch of sites, please feel free to PM me if you want it! :)

I do have an account on Fiverr but I found it to be pretty static. I mean, clients tend to go for those writers who've already made a name writer there. To be honest I gave up on that site altogether. But now that you mention it, maybe I didn't do it right. I'd really appreciate if you could tell me how. I'm sure all of us would! :)

Jonathan Leger has a new site, ineedarticles.com. It requires a test first; you must write a 500 word article in 30 minutes which is then submitted for review before you are hired. They periodically offer the test and hire new writers. Has anyone worked for this site?

What about Constant Content? Content Divas? Yahoo Contributor Network? Does anyone have any experience with any of these sites?

I have tried Constant Content and Content Divas. The first one is something similar to iWriter where the jobs come few and far between. Divas on the other hand has a very strict contract policy. They require you to sign some sort of document giving them your word that you will stick it out till the end. I found that a little daunting because I'm a student and I don't think I'd risk making an official commitment like that. What if I fail to keep it. :confused:

I'll give ineedarticles.com a try though, thanks for mentioning it!

I'm currently trying to figure out what I want my online writing brand to be and then I'll be all over the place part time content writing. It's important to build a brand as many jobs that are hiring now want to see that you have a clear presence online. In the past I've made 4 figures from a bunch of articles that were usually around 750 words in the health niche writing for a very popular site that no longer offers the opportunity.

I'm currently trying to figure out what I want my online writing brand to be and then I'll be all over the place part time content writing. It's important to build a brand as many jobs that are hiring now want to see that you have a clear presence online. In the past I've made 4 figures from a bunch of articles that were usually around 750 words in the health niche writing for a very popular site that no longer offers the opportunity.

How exactly do you go about creating your brand?? Do you lauch a blog or write on different forums or what? I've been trying to establish myself as an online writer but all I end up doing is temporary projects and gigs. :( How are you going about it?

I do have an account on Fiverr but I found it to be pretty static. I mean, clients tend to go for those writers who've already made a name writer there. To be honest I gave up on that site altogether. But now that you mention it, maybe I didn't do it right. I'd really appreciate if you could tell me how. I'm sure all of us would! :)

This is true if you're offering basically the same service as everybody else. For example, content writers who specialize in 500 word articles are all over the place.

Instead, find a writing niche where there aren't a lot of competitors. For example, is there a specific type of article you can write - like case studies. (I wouldn't do a case study for $5, but I'm just using it as an example.) Are you an expert at writing health articles? These are the kinds of niches where you'll find very little competition.

Also, you need to post more than 1-2 gigs when you're first getting started. You can actually post 20 gigs per account. The best thing you can do is brainstorm all possible gigs you can do and just list them all.

Not all of them will be successful. But with 10-20 different gigs out there, at least 1-2 of them is bound to generate some significant action.

By the way, this is exactly what I did, so I know that it works. Two of my gigs got the bulk of the work, and the others got clients periodically. It was enough that at one point I was doing 7-9 gigs a day.

How exactly do you go about creating your brand?? Do you lauch a blog or write on different forums or what? I've been trying to establish myself as an online writer but all I end up doing is temporary projects and gigs. :( How are you going about it?

By brand, I'm referring to having a professional, recognizable pen name on G+, oDesk, and multiple other freelance sites.
'BigJ' isn't exactly professional...

I've tried iWriter, been writing there for about a month. The thing is, lately, there hasn't been a lot of work available there, unless you read and write fluent German. I was able to earn about $14 so far, wrote 11 articles, 5 of which were rejected. I'm still waiting to make my first withdrawal, $20 is the minimum amount you can withdraw.

I've tried iWriter, been writing there for about a month. The thing is, lately, there hasn't been a lot of work available there, unless you read and write fluent German. I was able to earn about $14 so far, wrote 11 articles, 5 of which were rejected. I'm still waiting to make my first withdrawal, $20 is the minimum amount you can withdraw.

Yes, that's the problem with iWriter. It's great that you can start immediately, but you start out as a standard writer. The supply of work for standard writers is limited, and this makes it difficult to advance to premium and elite. And there is the $147 "fast track" option to get premium or elite status in a day. Has anyone tried this?

What about Constant Content? Content Divas? Yahoo Contributor Network? Does anyone have any experience with any of these sites?[/quote]

Yeah I worked for Ineedarticles.com the whole of July and august and really I was making good amount each week. The great thing with this site is if you are accepted as a writer their acceptance rates are quite high and not always will they reject your articles as i saw with Fiverr. However the smooth running of your deal with this site gives you the morale keep working producing as much content as you can which in turn makes you forget there was a launching agreement you signed..." don't ever lower the quality of your work". No warnings the only warning you get is " we are pleased to have worked with you for that time...but now we cant continue we the deal" meaning in short your are banned from their services. With constant content, Content Divas and Yahoo Contributor Network I haven't given them a shot but I have a friend who works for Constant content though he doesn't say much about it...

All through I have been using Fiverr and iwriter. The problem with iwriter a client can just reject your work not matter how good you have wrote the piece. Then also on iwriter the tasks are not always available until you reach premium or elite stage.

I registered at iWriter about a week ago and there are barely any assignments to get. You really have to be quick and hit "Write Article" once an assignment appears. So far, I've only written three posts there. What I also don't like about iWriter is that once a client rejects your article, he/she can give you a rating of 1 star, which will pull down your overall rankings.

I live outside the US so I don't have many options when it comes to content mills. Thankfully, I discovered two new writing sites via this thread: ineedarticles.com and essaysharks.com. I would definitely check them out.

I rather take a few forums, usually I don't have to bid on anything and it gets easier to get clients for myself. Has worked countless times for me, I'm fully satisfied with that method.

MI
Back