Not open for further replies.
R

ramaloce

Hi,

I am searching for a free domain name.

Did someone know one?

Thanks!

If you find a place to get a free domain name let me know. :lol: :p :wink:

I belive that .tk domains are still free.
You could probably use one of those, if you don't want to spend any money.

.tk domains free? By the way what country extension is that and do you need to have a presence in that country to get a free domain name?

Thanks

.TK is still free, but it's just a redirection. You don't own the domain name. I think .DK is free, too., but it's all the same. A .com domain is not so expensive, you know.

FiveseveN you are right, .com is not expensive and even if you hang around UK Webmaster world long enough you get one absolutely free :)

Temi

TK

Dot TK is a joint venture of the Government of Tokelau, it's communication company Teletok and Taloha, Inc., a privately held company. The Government of Tokelau has appointed Taloha, Inc. as the exclusive registration entity.

Taloha is privately funded and has offices in San Francisco, USA and Amsterdam, the Netherlands. With its management team, an experienced staff and multi-redundant backbones in both countries Taloha can handle millions of registrations.

I have read once that in Tokelau there is no Internet connectivity or stuff like this.

Anyway not all the .tk domains are free. Some "interested" names is not free...you have to pay.

Ovi,
Thanks very much for that excellent piece of information, one question though, on what part of the globe is Tokelau, if any members of this forum is from Tokelau please let me know.

Temi

.tk

Temi,

You can find information about Tokelau here: dot.tk/vc00904.html
But you can go here: dot.tk and see all the things that tk offers.

Ovi

C4C,
Why are you replying to a 4 year old thread? That discussion was closed ages ago! Look at the dates!

Registrars must pay to buy a domain, so consumer must pay the registrar too. Be attentive, and you might find some special offers, but don't dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back