The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

free advertising sites

lilly6

affiliate
Hi,

I'm just getting started here. It seems like the free classifieds are tedious and a waste of time. Does anyone know of a genuine way of getting my ads seen without spending tons on google?

I've tried the viral marketing to get people to my site

but so far I'm not sure if it's working.

Has anyone else had success with this?

Site build-it is HIGHLY recommended as a good way to get started.

Free traffic - stumbleupon, build a Squidoo lens to try to drive traffic to your main site. See the video above in the sticky about how to build an affiliate blog to see the power of Squidoo.

Start doing what it takes to do well with search engines meaning that you need to start creating backlinks. And the PPC game ain't such a bad thing if you know HOW to play. Check out Perry Marshall for the 411 on Adwords.

Free Advertising

As with all advertising you need to be very careful
Its a minefield out there on the world wide web, and there are lots of advertising services that are totally useless - even the paid ones

The best advertising bar none is Google Adwords - so this is something to get started with. However be very careful, otherwise all you will end up with is a huge bill and possibly very little sales. You have to learn how to craft your ad and your keywords, so that you choke off the myriad of "freebie" seekers, who will never pay you for anything, so that your conversion rate i.e. how many clicks to a sale, increases to a profitable one

However there are some free advertising services that do work - however not many of the free services other people provide are worth anything very much

Be especially careful of anything around the "bulk traffic" scene - most of this is total rubbish. Also I would take great care of any free service that has a paid upgrade option

The kind of things you can do however for free include things like running your own newsletter or ezine, posting articles to the articles directories, posting press releases - things like this are free but also very effective

Finally always remember to track your advertising - i.e. make sure you know how effective toy advertising is being. Concentrate on the advertising that is working, and reduce your time and money on advertise that isnt bring you sales

MI
Back