The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Four steps to great keywords (without keyword tools)

D

djbaxter

Four steps to great keywords (without keyword tools)

Most people use a keyword suggestion tool when they try to find new keywords for their campaigns. While keyword suggestion tools are good, they should not be the first step in your keyword research activities.

Before you use a keyword suggestion tool, ask yourself the following questions:

1. What problems can your product or your service solve?
  2. Which questions do potential customers ask?
  3. Can you offer unusual solutions?
  4. Which products and services do you offer?

As you can see, the products and services that you offer are the least important. A person with a headache might not now that the Shiatsu that you offer will help them. They even might now know what Shiatsu is and if they know it, they might not be able to spell it properly. The same applies to all other services and industries.

More...

Good tips.

Good also to ask friends and family. If you were interested in XYZ, what words would you type into the search engines to find more info?

We can't think of everything but sometimes others will come up with KW we didn't think of.

Great post. I also agree that asking others how would that search for this and that is a good idea. Sometimes, even asking yourself is a good strategy. How would i search for this information? What would I type to learn more? etc.

Personally dislike different keyword tools (using only adwords tool). Keyword research is very important but it's not all...

MI
Back