The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Forum Signatures

tb987

affiliate
Has anybody done any experiments with forum signatures and link juice? I beleive that they, like any link, only pass on value if the forum, anchor text, and landing page are on topic.

Links from a site have a ceiling value. That is to say that only som many links will count. HOWEVER, that said, if the page content for the link is different, and the anchor text of the link is always relevant to the content, then the link will carry far more weight.

These are the results of the tests hat I have carried out, where I have not actually used a signature link, I have used BBcode in posts to measure and test (search engines can't tell, nor are interested whether a link is a signature or in the actual code, as there is no difference.

SO safe to say that the designer that comes up with a mod that results in signatures not being 1005 dynamic, but allowing you to have 1 or 100 signatures (ie hard coded into the posts once posted), will have a VERY powerfull piece of software. ;)

Good thread by the way :)

I cannot add much to what OWG has said, never experimented on this subject before but rep added for asking and excellent question and rep for OWG for taking the time to offer such detailed answer.

SO safe to say that the designer that comes up with a mod that results in signatures not being 1005 dynamic, but allowing you to have 1 or 100 signatures (ie hard coded into the posts once posted), will have a VERY powerfull piece of software. ;)

Great answer, so I guess until that day comes you may be better off manually adding a signature customised for the topic being discussed. I'll give it a try but I guess it will become a pain in the neck.

Links from a site have a ceiling value. That is to say that only som many links will count. HOWEVER, that said, if the page content for the link is different, and the anchor text of the link is always relevant to the content, then the link will carry far more weight.

These are the results of the tests hat I have carried out, where I have not actually used a signature link, I have used BBcode in posts to measure and test (search engines can't tell, nor are interested whether a link is a signature or in the actual code, as there is no difference.

Good thread by the way :)

Thanks OWG for an excellent answer to the query. That kind of software will come surely as relevancy of the page and the signature matters and weight to the link with the relevant content is given more.

Apologies for not spell checking my original post, I have corrected the typos in my own and quoted posts.

I see a future for link building, I STILL see a future for directories, but a different type of directory. A couple of years ago I launched one of the first (if not the first), deep link directory. I did it to try and shake the market place up, because directory owners would only accept links ot the home page.

Now I have a new idea for directories, and it once again shakes the tree. It is a hybrid directory, and if handled right, it will once again change the thinking of directory owners. The problem I have is that I don't have the time now to set it up, as despite looking to retire, I have gone the opposite way and taken on a large project :(

Maybe Temi & I can do it together, Temi gets the things done, I will advise ;)

That sounds like a good idea. I'll be looking forward on how things progress with your plans.

Something about forum signatures if I may.

With Retro Garden, I have been including graphical banners in my signatures - as well as a keyword targetted phrase - when posting on similar forums. I find that the banner has a bigger effect than the keyword phrase, as the members get curious and visit my site.

MI
Back