The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Forum or Social Networking Site

ms4u

affiliate
Hi,

which of these following options are better in terms of generating community?

forum or social networking site

Even though some of the biggest communities on the net are social networking based I wouldn't recommend starting one unless your able to put the effort and time into it. Forums generally are a lot easier to maintain and keep your visitors coming back. With so much competition the only way to win over visitors with social networking is to give them something the other sites don't offer, but then I guess that goes for all sites these days.

social networks need lots of people to be popular - where as a forum needs only a few people to build up a friendly community - imho!

guess you may try WP MU which one would be integrated with Forum, blog farm for user and social network for sharing too... :)

It has got to be forums i would say easier to set up and get to the point of being reasonably established.

In my opinion, forums are better for generating community because it's more interactive compared to social networking. In forums, you can communicate directly with other members in which you can share your views and thoughts for a certain topic.

both

because, both of them can give back links..

but the difference is on Social Networking you will just save a link or bookmark it then make the link public so that many users will see the link

on forum posting on your signature you can put your link to it...but before people see it you need to post, create new thread or reach the requirements of the forum site so that they will allow you to have your signature on your post...

I was trying to find a social networking script so that i could make a simple but nice looking social networking site for webmasters, designers and website hosting companies.

Anyone know where i can get one for FREE or for a lowish price.

~ Mike

I was trying to find a social networking script so that i could make a simple but nice looking social networking site for webmasters, designers and website hosting companies.

Anyone know where i can get one for FREE or for a lowish price.

~ Mike

Try doing a google search for Boonex Dolphin. Eventhough, lately they have had security issues, as long as you keep everything up to date, it's cheap and free. Better than Php Izabi IMHO...

Oh and they are free...

Thanks guys,

Thanks for all the input. I already decided to go ahead with forum as it is more easier than social networking site.

My internet business forum URL is Search UK Business Forum - Discussion board for UK internet business - Index If you guys got some time, why not drop by. Thanks.

Also for ms2134, as for your query on Free social networking script. You can find from the following website, they have as much as 40 script to choose from:

Top 40 Free Downloadable Open Source Social Networking Software | Vivalogo Resources

I didn't try any of them, but at least keep you started...:) Good luck

social bookmarking

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]The reason I use myspace is because most of my good friends don't live in the same town, some even in the same state as me, and it allows me to still keep in contact with them, share pictures, etc all without having to be online at the same time, or email 30 different people.Also I use it to for listening to new tracks from some bands.

geovani

[FONT=&quot]social bookmarking[/FONT]

MI
Back