The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

For newbies: Here is a simple SEO tip for you.

Webtoolkeeper

For all people who are just starting to learn how to promote their sites, do not try multiple methods at the same time or you might end up tired without any result...

Start with one or 2 method first and when you are about to master these methods and you used to do it, add another method in your arsenal...

In order...

First month
Do forum posting and blog commenting daily. Add useful blogs into your rss readers so that you can post comment when there are new posts.

Second month
while still doing the above methods, start to write and submit articles and links to directories...

Third month onwards...
Now that you are seeing the result of what you are doing, try other methods like social bookmarking, yahoo answer, twitter, etc... but make sure your 1st and second month activities are still going... You are just adding methods but not changing...

Do not try to do all of these on the first month if your time can't handle...

Most of all, spend 80% of your time in promotion and 20% in content...

hope this will stop you from posting questions like How to promote my site, how to get traffic, how to... seo.. etc, etc.. this is very simple but fruitful if followed correctly...

Useful tips
Just to add that the first place to start your SEO efforts is the content on your webpages i.e on page SEO

Thanks for both of you for giving me motivation to further write some more useful manuals... SEO is give and take... you appreciate my work, I will be more motivated...:)

Nice tips mentioned there. just to add to it, when you are writing contents make sure you use proper keywords as it often helps.

These are great tips and I fully agree with you. Spreading oneself too thin thinking that more work will mean more profit is pretty common and I myself went through it.

Working smarter would be to find which tool works best for your purposes and focus on it. Its okay to try out new things, to find out what they can do for you, but do not jump from one method to the other without completely knowing how to do it correctly in the first place.

Cheers!

Good tips .. more detail you can let a few more good forum site? .. because there are so many forums and of course we can not try one.

tks for your help

I recently do the above 3 methods mentioned all at once and alone, and it's true it's tiring me apart. Sometimes we do have to read what an expert say, before start to make any move, unlike me now have moved so far and tired, want to hire someone to do the job for me but don't have enough fun to pay. BTW thanks for the advice

Those are good pointers. What I've been doing is keeping spreadsheets to record my promotion activities and progress, that helps ease the workload. Because when you can see how many comments you have posted in a given week, then you don't need to stress out about it and wonder if you have posted enough.

Although, I'm hearing that you're supposed to develop links slowly, and if it's too fast then Google will penalize you for that? Does anyone have experience with the right "rate" to use long-term, in terms of forum posting and even blog comments.

My feeling is that doing manual and ethical forum, blog and social posting - you can't get too many links at once. It's mass submissions, black hat techniques and automated schemes where you can get hundreds or thousands of links at once that can get you in trouble.

Great tips for a newbie like me. Have been doing a few of those already and learned a few more! Thanks for the article!

Most of all, spend 80% of your time in promotion and 20% in content...

THAT is the magic formula to getting popular. Most people don't realize that they are just a small blip on someone's screen...if they are even a blip. Promotion is the #1 way to get someplace.

In other words, if you blog, post less often and promote more often.

Good tip.

Nice and helpful post. I guess I must admit that I have been trying to do stuff all at once as well and for everyone who reads this - it's not a good idea :eek:

How to get started and beginner topics

Very good tips for newbie like me. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back