The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Flipping products on Amazon to Ebay

AndersLarsson

So I just released a video about flipping products on Amazon and selling them on eBay. Then use SwagBucks to recover a fraction of the cost.

The first question is about eBay listings.
Is there a limit to the number of eBay listings that you can have?
If so, how do you deal with the competition?

Second, will US citizens have an unfair advantage over people living outside the US?

I'm giving much more clarity and context about what I learned and what I mean in that video, but basically, if you're limited to the number of listings, then you really need to know that the demand is high enough and the supply is low enough to make it worth putting it on eBay.

Maybe it only works for people that already have a website and a decent following. For example, I use Fiverr and Etsy as examples. Fiverr has a limit on the number of gigs that you can have. People resort to, for example, sending fake visitors to manipulate Fiverr's algorithm.

I did some research on Etsy a while ago to give people a clear idea of how fierce the competition is. I created a tool to scan a couple of thousand accounts, and I found that less than 3% were actually able to sell anything on Etsy in a time span of about 6 months. So the failure rate is huge, and it is just ridiculous, in my opinion, how people haphazardly recommend Etsy and Fiverr as a way to earn extra cash.

Maybe it only works for people that already have a website and a decent following. For example, I use Fiverr and Etsy as examples. Fiverr has a limit on the number of gigs that you can have. People resort to, for example, sending fake visitors to manipulate Fiverr's algorithm.

I did some research on Etsy a while ago to give people a clear idea of how fierce the competition is. I created a tool to scan a couple of thousand accounts, and I found that less than 3% were actually able to sell anything on Etsy in a time span of about 6 months. So the failure rate is huge, and it is just ridiculous, in my opinion, how people haphazardly recommend Etsy and Fiverr as a way to earn extra cash.
>>>I created a tool to scan a couple of thousand accounts, and I found that less than 3% were actually able to sell anything on Etsy in a time span of about 6 months.<<<
Care to elaborate --Etsy publishes revenue figures for each vendor?

You can throw out the 20/80 rule. The same goes for most of these 'offers'.

If they lift the trade tariffs in the USA on Chinese goods there is your source --cut out Amazon as the middleman.
Tariffs are bases on the place of orgin of the goods and not on the distribution place of shipment.

>>Care to elaborate --Etsy publishes revenue figures for each vendor?

I recorded the numbers of items sold for each vendor. Over 2000 vendors had a sad zero for that property. I did 4 videos about that and the last video reveal the data I collected.

I can feel your spark there. You can find the accounts in the fourth video if you FF to the middle of the video. So no trading needed. Just scan the accounts and you will see the niche.
Personally, I thought I could do exactly as you suggested, but data mining is so simple that most people can do it. It's likely to hit a dead end somewhere. Like, how do we know that they are getting sales from Etsy's search engine? They could just get all the sales through their website and link to Etsy?
Maybe you know this better than me, so go for it, but fck me if it is just another time waster. I had my share of those. You know, you can never get that time back?
Why not do videos like I do? You don't waste time doing that. Every little video helps.

I recorded the numbers of items sold for each vendor.
You were able to scrape all the item pages and extract the items sold from them?
curl? google headless?

I see they do:
PersonalizationMall
199,980 sales | 5 out of 5 stars

I would trend that data to see what is selling well --might identify 'successful' niches

banners
Back