The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

First Mobile Campaign - Should I Quit?

craig88

Hi guys,

I set up my first mobile campaign today and was wanting to run the data by the forum for help.

I'm promoting a free shopping mobile app download from maxbounty through go2mobi on the smaato exchange. The payout is $1 per download and open.

My geo is Singapore.

My set up is as follows: Ten 320X50 banners on go2mobi which then send traffic to funnel flux which then either sends it to one of 3 different landers or straight to the app store.

After $25 spend: 34 clicks of which 6 went directly to my offer and the other 28 to the landers.

My CPM is around $1.6 and my average non-optimized CPC is $0.7226.

upload_2017-7-12_22-38-7.png

The banners ranged from 0.07% CTR to 0.51% being the best which resulted in a CPC of $0.3146 at the cheapest and all the way to $2.18 for the most expensive click.

upload_2017-7-12_22-39-51.png

My landers didn't receive enough traffic to draw any statistical significance but the results were as below: (LP1 8 views 1 click through; LP 2 10 views 0 clicks; LP 3 10 views 1 click through)

upload_2017-7-12_22-43-11.png

I've also looked at the carriers to see if there are any networks worth blacklisting but this is probably not based on enough of a population:

upload_2017-7-12_22-45-9.png

Based on the maths of the best banner being $0.3146 and assuming I sent them direct to the offer I would need a conversion of 31% just to break even, which in itself seems unrealistic.

Assuming I sent them to a lander first, and based on my 10% current conversion it would cost $3.146 just to get one visitor to the app store which means even if there is a 100% conversion(never), I would still make a $2.146 loss.

Does this offer seem non-profitable and I should just write it off? I'm not sure what else I can optimise to change it. I've effectively spent $25 and not had one conversion of $1.

Any advice would be appreciated.

upload_2017-7-12_22-38-7.png
upload_2017-7-12_22-39-51.png
upload_2017-7-12_22-43-11.png
upload_2017-7-12_22-45-9.png

the only think i can say after seeing your stats .
the ctr of the banner is very low .
and also the ctr of the landers is very poor based on the way you use to promote (BANNERS) .
don't discard the campaign , please try POP traffic and see what happens .
good luck and let us know how it goes in the future :)

Thanks for the reply.

So 0.5% CTR(my highest converting banner) on mobile DSP is still relatively low? And the CPM of $1.6 is normal too?

I want to try stick to one traffic source initially and not get too sidetracked by various other mobile traffic sources.

Of course dont give up you will not hit the green on the first offer
the banner do seem on the very low end of the CTR
but as youssef said try pop traffic with a nice prelander

feel free to shoot me a message for help

The offer has expired but I was able to see which placements did well and which didn't. It was my first proper campaign but I'm having a hard time getting proper mobile offers.

I am in maxbounty but they have very limited mobile app/util downloads.

MI
Back