The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

First affiliate paycheck - what was yours?

oregongal

affiliate
Hi,

Anyone want to share what their first affiliate paycheck was for?
I'll go first. My first was with Joe Bucks for selling Revitol anti aging products. It was 50% too! It wasn't very long ago and I am still thrilled about it!
Anyone else?
Diane

It was a long time ago so the details are a little fuzzy in my mind.

I know I was selling my own products and services online is 1995. I know that Amazon began in 1995 but they didn't start their affiliate program until 1996. Amazon was the first affiliate program in which I participated. I joined it shortly after it started. So my first affiliate check was from Amazon in 1996.

They paid a higher percentage in commissions then than they do now. There was nothing spectacular about that check so I don't remember anything about it. I know it wasn't for a lot of money, but that was my first affiliate paycheck.

That was an interesting year because LinkShare and BeFree also started in 1996 and I joined them right after they started. But I believe I joined Amazon before either of them and my first affiliate paycheck was from Amazon.

Great question Diane. Hope some others jump in and share.

Wow Larry you're an OLD timer - you go way back in Internet history!!! :p

I've only been at it for a year and a quarter, but it was about 4 month in when I sold my first Site Build It. The commission was $84. The joy is that since the buyer is now associated with me, I'll get the commission every time they renew. That adds up! ;)

I can't wait until I get my first check. I just recently started signing up, however I do have $60 pending for referrals from payperpost so I can't wait. It is so much for me to learn.

I can't remember what mine was. I have been doing this for just over 6 - 7 years now, but can't remember the first check. It's always the first check that you should remember, damb why can't I remember mine. lol

I think it was actually a payment through paypal.

Only recently got paid 500$ just for bringing someone to the company where they can trade with!
It's verry nice:)
I'm going on to my search for more new people.
First I was a little bit sceptic but they promissed to pay me when a client stays with them for one month.
And guess what it's on my bank account right now!

Oh gosh, I remember this well, too -- it was in the year 2000, and it took me 8 months through Commission Junction to earn 63.00 and some change. I was thrilled...lol. Hey, you have to start somewhere, right?! :D

MI
Back