The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

finding affiliates for a program

emorgan

I went through the forum posts for newbies before registering but it seems like most of those are geared to people who want to make money as affiliates of other people's programs.

What if you have your own program and are trying to find affiliates for it? Am I missing a forum thread?

So how does a person with a subscription program/continuity program find people to be affiliates for their program? I can find tons of people trying to get me to be their affiliate but not much info on how to get people to be my affiliate.

Thanks!
Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

You're right the newbie forum is for affiliates. I moved your post to the merchant/affiliate manager forum where you'll find lots of discussions and tips about recruiting affiliates and building a successful affiliate program. Especially check out the stickies.

Oh, duh. You know what happened? I found this forum through a Google search and I guess I bypassed that section. Sorry! And thanks!

Elizabeth

Oh no worries at all. This section is down further in the forum and we have lots of different forums, so it's easy to miss.

there are so many ways... but here are few:
- You can have a blog specifically dedicated to your program but with other useful tips for affiliates - submit RSS feeds and ping your blog so content will spread
- offer some useful free products download for webmasters
- tweak your blog articles to be somewhat original and distribute through various article distribution channels
- contact webmasters that offer content that is relevant to your topic or target market - email/call them
- affiliate industry trade shows / conferences etc.

Good luck!

MI
Back