The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Financial & Insurance Offers - Pros & Cons

freinhm

affiliate
Hi all,

I have attended the ecomXpo in the beginning of the month and have been receiving follow-up messages by phone to possibly be a publisher for financial and insurance offers.

Is this an area for newbie to be pursuing or do I just need to start somewhere and this is a good place to begin? :cool:

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Lester

If you are interested in these programs then yes it is a good place to start.
If you just want to get into the financial section because they said you can make all kinds of money in this sector and you do not have an interest in this then no I don't think it would be a good start.

1. Do you like the financial sector?
2. Are you willing to find out as much information about the products as you can?
3. Do you want to make this into a long term selling?

Give it a try, you will know within a month or so if it is something that you want to continue in.

If you can pull in traffic with intend either through organic search or paid search then i say go for it.

1. Do you like the financial sector?
2. Are you willing to find out as much information about the products as you can?

I'll create my own version of the above in quotes :D

1. Finance is dull - ordinary consumers don't get excited about finance, they want a good product that serves their need and if you can present them just that, then you have something of value.

So if you don't like the subject of finance, don't worry you're not alone and take comfort you're like the majority of the rest of us who likes finance to the degree of getting that commish ;)

Look at the merchant's site, you can use their selling points on your site to pre-sell the products to your visitors and use negative points of other merchants to highlight your offer.

No? - Fair enough and not a problem, drive the traffic with intend and make some money and move on to the next project.
Yes? - Good for you, keep growing your PPC campaigns and organic search results to create more revenues.

So if you know you're strong points and weak points, are you savy enough with SEO or with PPC and do you feel comfortable doing PPC then on both counts give it a shot and see how it develops.

Research how to build pages that convert, research how to write good copy that convert on your landing pages and your PPC ads.

When you do your research on that you're well on your way to generate money online.

So if you are not familiar with SEO then do your your research on that subject to know how to get your site in the organic search results.

If you're not familiar with PPC (Adwords), but you do have a available budget then research that and learn more about what effect the quality score has on your campaigns.

Good luck!

Insurance offers...

Since I offer an insurance product via Commission Junction, my opinion might seem bias. However, a few insurance companies offer products designed to attract customers from all over the world. I would think that insurance and financial based affiliate programs are a great way to start earning money. Billions of people need insurance, millions need financial services.

Hope this helps,

Hello Fellow Five Star Members,

Wasn't able to reply sooner I have a full time job and was kept busy.

Your feedbacks started me thinking and I am not sure I will like it until I actually do it. Although, Making some money would sure keep me interested and I wouldn't mind working with it. :rolleyes:

I would start out using organic search and learn all I can about paid search since I am not all that familiar with it.

Lester :)

If you whish to jump into this field and really have interest the go ahead.

You have to begin from somewhere then why not with this.

All the Best :)

Hi Lester. I agree with all the advice above. My one question is...what was about you that made them decide to court you as an affiliate partner? Was it something specific like a popular website/blog, a niche that is somewhat related to the financial and insurance industries? Or did they just contact all those who offered them their business card?

If you can answer these questions, then maybe you can see a connection which may make your decision to enter this field easier. Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best. Take care.

MI
Back