The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Finally successful after 10 years in the wilderness

mikerose23

I make my living as a Macintosh computer consultant in Jacksonville, FL, and for fun I’m an avid ballroom dancer.

I started a Humphrey Bogart tribute site back in 1995, partly because he’s my all-time favorite actor and Casablanca is my favorite movie, and partly to teach myself how to design web sites. For the first 5+ years I was oblivious to affiliate advertising. Seriously, I actually thought that Amazon was paying webmasters to host their ads!

A friend clued me in to reality in 2001, and I added links to Bogie-related movies, poster, books, etc., at Amazon and several other vendors. Since then, I’ve made a total of about $2600 from all these vendors combined. Nice but…

Then another friend told me about CafePress, and I started selling shirts and stuff with designs related to Macintosh, Bogart, ballroom dance, and more. That was about 5 years ago, and since then I've made over $4000. Really nice but…

Early in February, I was watching a cop show on TV, and one of the characters, who had recently quit smoking, was using an electric cigarette. I’m a former smoker myself, and this got me really curious. One thing led to another and I signed up as an affiliate for Green Smoke, which appears to be the consensus favorite brand. That was just over a month ago, and all I’ve done to promote them was to put a bunch of banners into the rotation at my Bogart site and post a 10% discount code to a couple of coupon sharing sites. With that minimal effort, I’ve already racked up over $1200 in commissions!
I can’t wait to see what happens when I put some serious effort into this. There are so many things to try, and I don’t know which way to start. I’d love to hear some suggestions.

[removed]

Mike Rosenberg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

Glad to hear you are starting to make some money, let us know how we can help!

Wow that is wonderful to hear, seems your ideas have really taken off! I hope I can write a post one day, lol. No I don't hope I will! Have a good day!:p

banners
Back