The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

FB conversion objective for squeeze page?

OscarMike

Hi guys, I just watched a youtube video about making money with building a list using clickbank and facebook ads. He says to use conversion objective and have an offer on the thank you page after the squeeze page.

I'm confused. Do you agree with this strategy? Should I use the "get more subscribers" objective or "traffic" objective or the 'conversion" objective?

The problem I'm having with this method is that I've used the conversion objective for my woodworking squeeze page for the last 5 days but nobody has signed up. The clickbank merchant said that the squeeze page was written by a copywriter so I don't think that's the problem.

Last edited:
There are many different ways to run Facebook ads and I certainly don't know all of them, so I can't say whether that strategy is right or wrong.

What I can say is how I normally approach this type of campaign.

First, if you'll be using the conversion objective, you should be aware of the iOS14 changes and set up your campaign accordingly. Depending on how you are running your ads you may need to set up the conversion API.

Now, for capturing leads on Facebook you can use the "traffic", "lead" and "conversion" objectives.

A fair amount of my opt-in campaigns have a higher opt-in rate with the lead objective. That's also the objective that generates the least amount of bogus leads as Facebook auto-fills the form. However, things may get a little more complex as people are not immediately redirected with a thank you page after they subscribe, they need to click an additional button to go to an external page. There are ways to make this work and I do run many campaigns promoting CPA offers with this objective.

Another option is to use a squeeze page as it seems you're doing. In this case, I'd start with the traffic objective. I know that many marketers will disagree here and say that using conversion would be the correct approach as it allows Facebook to properly optimize the campaign. That's true. However, conversion campaigns only generate a fair amount of data and allow the algorithm to properly optimize them if there's enough conversions. And it may be not the case for a new campaign. So, I like to test something that's brand new using the traffic objective and then I switch to conversions when I find something that has potential.

Again, this is the way I do it and others may have a different process that also works.

Regarding the opt-in page not converting, then it's a different story. It could be due to a number of reasons such as the page not being good (the copywriter argument is meaningless, data is king and if the page doesn't work it doesn't matter who wrote the copy), the targeting being too off or the incentive being insufficient.

A proper analysis of the campaign would be necessary to determine that, so I can offer little help in this aspect.

That woodworking offer has been spammed to the max maybe 6 months ago and it may be on the downside of the curve by now. No way to tell without the real data.

That woodworking offer has been spammed to the max maybe 6 months ago
Lordy, I've been seeing that offer in my spam box on and off for years.

I don't do woodworking and I've never signed up for anything remotely related, so I certainly view those messages as spam.

@OscarMike , because those who came before you have abused things, I expect you're really going to have to sniff out your target audience and know enough about them that you can entice them to gladly part with their email.

Re FB ads, I can't offer an opinion on those as I've never used them. Just wanted to offer my thoughts. Feel free to disregard if you want to.

MI
Back