The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Favorite Popup Plugins

Spintax

affiliate
I know this is a sensitive subject for some people, but as much as I used to hate popups (as a visitor) in the past, I love using them as a webmaster because they are effective. I am loving these newer popups that allow you to combine lightbox with embedded video. People are really responsive to these.

Do you use popups? If so, what plugin are you using?

I use Popup Domination for my wordpress sites. The amount of customization options it has is really exceptional and ever since I began using it my e-mail list has started to grow really fast :D But apart from this one I don't really use popups, since most of them are annoying and drive visitors away...

Do you use actual pop ups that open in a new window or flyovers? I've read that using delayed flyovers appears to work the best for conversions. It makes sense because if someone is on your website for 20 seconds or so, they are interested while instant pop ups may drive traffic away.

Personally, I find many of the popups annoying. The reason is that on most of the instances, they are used to display Promotion - like subscribe to this or that or even download this pdf or that. Though they are often abused, I like them when they are used intelligently to display the images (like the Lightbox) or even when you need to login (after a click) or even forgot password - I mean when it is useful and sensible to use them.

MI
Back