The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Explain what affiliate marketing is

Madman340

affiliate
Hey, I'm new to the whole Internet Affiliate Marketing scene, and I'd really appreciate it if somebody could help me get started... Explain to me what Affiliate Marketing really is, and how I could think to start?

Thanks! :eek:

Madman340, that question doesn't have a simple, quick answer. Here is a thread that will be a big help to you http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...ing-definitions-what-affiliate-marketing.html

After reading that you can learn a lot more about affiliate marketing by reading the "Sticky" threads here in the Newbie Affiliate Program.

When you have a specific question you make ask it. Our members are very helpful.

Thanks for the information guys!

But how can I get started in the field of affiliate marketing?
What are the requirements?

As a person you need motivation and stamina

Basic computer skills are all you need to get started

First find a niche that you want to work in then build a keyword optimized website with loads of useful information in that niche

Find some affiliate programs for products in your niche that you would like to promote

Clickbank and commission junction are very good places to start

Get your affiliate link and insert them in appropriate places on your site

Publish your site
Then focus on traffic, lots of traffic

So for example if your niche is weight loss, you build a website about weight loss. Or you can opt to build a blog, more flexibility in blogs.

Optimize your site for weight loss related keywords. Find weight loss programs that you can promote on your site and get the affiliate links and insert them on the site or blog

Publish your website and drive traffic to it

Just to add that I am only using weight loss as an example although a rather bad one. Too much competition. If I were going into weight loss I would be targeting subniches of the weight loss industry e.g get flat abdomen or GI diet or something like that

Man, you have asked a question that requires a long and involved answer:D

Anyway start here and then READ THE POSTS IN THIS FORUM ON NICHE SELECTION AND SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION

Awesome, thank you for your post!

What are the general 'types' of websites?

Like forums, blogs... what else is there?

Madman340,

There are all types of affiliate sites. Review sites, comparison sites, blogs, shopping sites, advice sites, coupon sites... basically just like there are thousands of different types of web sites, any site can be an affiliate or promote some affiliate programs. Even big sites like newspapers and sites like CNET do it.

The 1st key like Larwee said is to read the newbie stickies to get more general ideas of what does and does not work.

Then as Niche said the main thing is to pick the right niche. The niche you pick could to some degree influence the type of site you build. So picking the right niche is your foundation and it needs to be solid! After you read the newbie stickies then head to our niche marketing forum and the stickies there will give you all kinds of tips and free tools to help you narrow down and pick the right niche.

Affiliate marketing is getting paid to sell other people's products. It is a beautiful thing. No overhead. No inventory. No customer service calls.

Review sites are becoming more and more popular. Set up a site and compare and review three similar products or services. In my opinion, that would be a great place to start.

MI
Back