The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Even More Benefits for UK Webmaster World Registered Member

Paul,
I sort of believe in free trade, I don't think I agree with you about Yahoo allowing Google to develop, what makes you think if Yahoo reigns instead of Google they will not be the tyrant instead of Google today.

Also if you have an excellent produce and a good business plan you will make it in the market place, Microsoft did emerge from being an IBM contractor to become the Monster called Microsoft today.
Temi

It’s ok if you disagree. It’s all good.

First, I'm a little biased, being a Yahoo! Shareholder :wink:
So yeah, I'm a little ticked Yahoo let this beast grow and grow and grow, only to have Google spin off, start swiping their clients (Overture's clients) based on Google's infringement of Overture/Yahoo!'s patent (PPC Search Engine). Sure, Google paid dearly in a settlement, but it's peanuts compared to what they obtained post IPO.

With that being said, I advertise (Paid) with both Google and Yahoo!/Overture and any other PPC I can find, worth a darn. Yahoo! provides the best ROI, while Google Adwords does OK.

I like the fact Yahoo! is upfront about their advertising policies. I dislike Google's arrogant, secretive behavior. And I'm not the only one: http://searchenginewatch.com/searchday/article.php/3411111 So now they'll have to change, as they're losing advertisers, such as myself (At least I’m not spending as much).

I like getting phone calls from the reps at Overture/Yahoo!, telling me of some up and coming changes in policy, and to prepare my landing pages accordingly. I don't like checking my Google Adwords account in the morning, and finding one of my high traffic keywords dropped because, even though it at a 7% CTR across all of it's network partners, it, for a few hours in the middle of the night, fell below the .05% CTR required on Google's own site (You know, those little ad boxes to the far right clearly stating ADVERTISEMENT).

If it weren't for the fact advertising through Google Adwords got me at the top of AOL, Netscape, Earthlink, AskJeeves, etc., I wouldn't waste my time with them. But I have a feeling the likes of AOL, Earthlink and some others will be starting their own PPC, so I have hope in the near future, this headache will be relieved.

I believe in free trade also. And I hope Google does well. And I hope their new browser does well, competing with Microsoft :roll: http://www.nypost.com/business/30438.htm

Best wishes.

Paul

I hear you lound and clear Paul, this article nypost.com/business/30438.htm sounds as if Google is working on a think client, other big guns have been at it for years. Lets see who crack it first but I tip microsoft because they already have the infrastructure
Temi

banners
Back