The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

European Web Hosting?

Nelle

affiliate
I've been thinking about new markets for my blog and I do need to reach out to British and German markets. Am I wrong in thinking that I need to have European web hosting, or atleast a .co.uk website to effectively reach these markets?

If so, does anyone have a webhost they could recommend?

Nelle

Hi Nelle,

If you are saying you already have a blog and want to reach those markets, you don?t need to add a 2nd site. You just need to market the existing blog in those markets.

If what you are asking about is instead, for a new separate site you are considering adding, I'm not aware of any reason you need to have a host from Europe. There could be some search engine advantages to having a .UK domain though. It's the weekend so it's a little slow right now, but hopefully Rob or someone will be by later that has a little more insight into that market.

I guess it's a little bit of both. My existing blog is an extensive travel site that gets most of its traffic from the US. I know that the geographic area covered by the blog is very popular with British and German tourists and I would like to reach out to them.

I'm not sure how to do that. Do .com sites with a US webhost have a prayer competing in the SERPs across the Atlantic?

I also think that a separate blog, that targets the needs of British and European travelers might not be a bad idea.

I'm sure they'll be ideas later. Most people probably aren't sitting in front of their computers on a Friday night.

banners
Back