The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Email subject when looking for affiliates

DrMarie

affiliate
I'm not having great success in attracting affiliates to my site via email.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an email subject line that would entice people to open up the email and read it?

My favorite and one of the least threatening subjects is "Opportunity to Work Together". Granted I tend to use this a lot with people I've had contact with in the past, but it works well. It says I have something to offer, but I need your help. Affiliate Marketing is all about partnerships with the right people. People sometimes forget that the simplest form of affiliate marketing is for you to refer a friend to a product. If you treat people like friends, co-workers and equals you are going to see much better results than trying to sell people on the idea of working with you for whatever reason you think is important.

Also I tend to use my company name, the offer name or my name (if the person knows me) before the rest of the subject. For example 'Essential Health - Opportunity to Work Together' This works especially well with a really well known brand, offer, network or advertiser.

Been meaning to answer this, but I don't do email recruiting so was having a hard time coming up with a good one.

I thing "Opportunity to Work Together" is pretty good.

I've heard though that when you do email recruiting it's really important to put their site name in the subject and personalize the body of the email too. Good affiliates get so many impersonal recruiting emails that they ignore them. So actually look up the site and bring up something about it.

I would also maybe get veterinarian in the subject. So here's my stab at it.

ABCpets.com - Opportunity to Partner with Online Veterinarian

Yep, I agree with making it personal, like it's to a friend. Also remember that it might take 3 or 4 tries before an affiliate actually responds.

Some affiliates purposely wait until they receive a few emails from you so they can weed out the flash in the pans or the bulk email senders. This lets them know that you really want to work with them.

Great Answers, however Starting the subject line with the reader’s name is a sure way to get your subject line noticed. People really do respond to things much more favorably if their names are used. Be sure that you enter the variable field correctly.

Be ethical in each of your Internet network marketing campaigns. Send worthwhile, usable freebies that are immediately useful. That way your list will learn to trust you and know that email with your “from” address will hold something really valuable for them. Your goal is to build a loyal, responsive list that has feelings of goodwill toward you.

Effectiveness of emails depends on the situation that they are sent. How are you getting the email addresses of the people you are sending these emails to? If they are emails from their actual affiliate pages then there is a chance that the email box isn't actually being monitored or possible issues on their side.

At the core of it the best way to ensure that the emails are meaningful is if there is a relationship between sender and recipient.

If I get an email that says " Mitch, Lets make money together" from someone I don't know, I usually mark that up to spam but will give it a quick once over in the preview screen.

If I met someone at a conference or meet up, and remember them, and get an email at a later date saying " Mitch nice to meet you at XXX , lets make money" Then it makes the email seem realer and more relevant; increasing the likely hood of getting opened and ultimately a response in a form or another.

It is true that sometimes it is hard to recruit but still it is one of the best method of recruiting affiliates.

If you have gone through the affiliate census report you can learn that 15% of the affiliates are being recruited when affiliate manager contacts them.

I have some tips to write a good email subject line.

>> Write the precise subject line. Example like If I am sending an email to a prospective affiliate whom I want to join my VoIP Hardware Affiliate Program, I use:

"Allo - VoIP Hardware Affiliate Partnership Program"

- This subject line is short
- It don't use and .com or something, so higher rate of bypassing through SPAM checkers
- ALLO is the name of the company so that people will curious to know about
- VoIP Hardware is the things which is something the affiliate deal with
- Affiliate Partnership Program is the purpose of message

I hope this will be useful.

I am sure most of the recipients are thinking of your email as spam. No matter what your subject is and how interesting it is email marketing is not as effective as it was before it was abused by different businesses.

One thing that I think is very important is to be honest in the subject line. I know several people that will dance around the subject, and or make the subject very personal and vague like, "its Joe Black from xxx. Just wanted to check in." In both instances once the reader finds out that its an affiliate opportunity instead of what they expected, they will just delete the email or feel like you tried to trick them. In my opinion this method is like lying on a resume just to get an interview. Once you get the interview, they will find out that you lied so what's the point?

Just be up front and make your intentions clear. I'd also say be persistent, but don't be pushy. If you send more than one email to a person, don't send the exact same email twice. Its okay to send a fairly generic email to begin with, but the second email should have the tone as if you have met the person.

One thing that I think is very important is to be honest in the subject line. I know several people that will dance around the subject, and or make the subject very personal and vague like, "its Joe Black from xxx. Just wanted to check in." In both instances once the reader finds out that its an affiliate opportunity instead of what they expected, they will just delete the email or feel like you tried to trick them. In my opinion this method is like lying on a resume just to get an interview. Once you get the interview, they will find out that you lied so what's the point?

Just be up front and make your intentions clear. I'd also say be persistent, but don't be pushy. If you send more than one email to a person, don't send the exact same email twice. Its okay to send a fairly generic email to begin with, but the second email should have the tone as if you have met the person.

I'm not having great success in attracting affiliates to my site via email.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an email subject line that would entice people to open up the email and read it?

Time to make money together.
or
Together we can get to our dreams.

MI
Back