The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Email frequency

OscarMike

Hi guys,

I'm a clickbank affiliate using the copywritten emails provided by the merchant. I have about 15 emails. How often should I send out my emails? I don't want to seem too pushy but I don't want to wait a long time for a conversion either.

I once read a guide by PPC Coach that said do this email sequence: 2 days-2 days-2 days- 3 days -3 days -3 days-4 days-4 days-4 days-5 days-5 days-5 days-6 days-6 days -6 days-7 days-7 days-7- days and continue on sending weekly emails.

Do you agree with this approach?

If the customers have the power to customize their frequency of receiving an email, that would be great! Otherwise, it depends on the urgency of the mail that you are sending. If it is a newsletter, once a week can do the trick. The more urgent the email is, the shorter the interval could be. I think the least interval you can do is around 3 days, unless the email is supposed to be a warning for a deadline.

If the customers have the power to customize their frequency of receiving an email, that would be great! Otherwise, it depends on the urgency of the mail that you are sending. If it is a newsletter, once a week can do the trick. The more urgent the email is, the shorter the interval could be. I think the least interval you can do is around 3 days, unless the email is supposed to be a warning for a deadline.
Thanks for the reply MsSkeptical. 3 days sounds like a good interval. What do you think of people who send daily emails? I signed up for Grant Cardone's newsletter for instance and he sends me daily emails.

Hi @OscarMike

No, I don't agree... Because the emails the 'PPC Coach' sent are not the ones you have...
Setting up an email schedule is not as easy...

What kind of emails are they?
Read through them, how do you feel when reading them?
Maybe they are not pushy at all? Do they provide enough value to be wanting to read more every day?
Or are they entertaining and will people remember you and want to open the next one...

The schedule, people will happily open the daily cartoon they subscribed to, the weekly report they expect, etc...
It all depends on the Value you bring...

I hope you have access to statistics, you will find some days have a way higher open rate...
Remember people operate differently on different days... Especially weekdays vs weekends should surprise nobody... But even specific weekdays might give you a surprise... (it all depends on your audience)
So I would not go for a schedule like as suggested... As that will randomly have mails delivered during days where your target audience is not in its 'email reading mode'

Honestly... As usual in this business, you will have to rely on the numbers...
Because it will depend on the content, on your target audience, on your offer, etc...

Maybe start with a few daily emails or every other day... Space them accordingly and try to get get the reader into a weekday schedule asap... That will remove one variable in your statistics...

Hi @OscarMike

No, I don't agree... Because the emails the 'PPC Coach' sent are not the ones you have...
Setting up an email schedule is not as easy...

What kind of emails are they?
Read through them, how do you feel when reading them?
Maybe they are not pushy at all? Do they provide enough value to be wanting to read more every day?
Or are they entertaining and will people remember you and want to open the next one...

The schedule, people will happily open the daily cartoon they subscribed to, the weekly report they expect, etc...
It all depends on the Value you bring...

I hope you have access to statistics, you will find some days have a way higher open rate...
Remember people operate differently on different days... Especially weekdays vs weekends should surprise nobody... But even specific weekdays might give you a surprise... (it all depends on your audience)
So I would not go for a schedule like as suggested... As that will randomly have mails delivered during days where your target audience is not in its 'email reading mode'

Honestly... As usual in this business, you will have to rely on the numbers...
Because it will depend on the content, on your target audience, on your offer, etc...

Maybe start with a few daily emails or every other day... Space them accordingly and try to get get the reader into a weekday schedule asap... That will remove one variable in your statistics...
I've read through the Clickbank emails and I wouldn't necessarily say they're pushy but they're quite salesy. They don't provide much value. eg if it's a keto weight loss newsletter they're not talking about weight loss tips and advice. they're plugging a product instead.

I've read through the Clickbank emails and I wouldn't necessarily say they're pushy but they're quite salesy. They don't provide much value. eg if it's a keto weight loss newsletter they're not talking about weight loss tips and advice. they're plugging a product instead.
And the whole 15 e-mails are alike?
They are very kind in providing you the emails but I suspect continuously pushing a product without bringing value will work against you...
I doubt the e-mail sequence will sustain a reasonable open rate... Your audience will probably see you and think 'there he is again, nothing new in that e-mail'...

Do you guys find you get a higher open rate and clicks (inside the email) if you send an email once a week versus, say, every 2 days?
Again... It all depends... Even once a week can be very different depending on the chosen day... You need to test...

1. 3 times and no sale --stop (on that offer/product)
  2. This is more towards redundancy that frequency.
  3. How big is your list?
  4. Can you separate it into 500-1500 sample groups?
  5. If so, split test the frequency

1. 3 times and no sale --stop (on that offer/product)
  2. This is more towards redundancy that frequency.
  3. How big is your list?
  4. Can you separate it into 500-1500 sample groups?
  5. If so, split test the frequency
Thanks for the reply Graybeard.

I have 102 subscribers currently. It's growing everyday. Thanks for the tips. I have sent 3 copywritten emails plugging the affiliate product and I haven't had any sales. I'm wondering if it's because I haven't built up enough trust with my subscribers yet.

I email my list daily. Give value in your emails. Don't be pushy. Also, I always go with a 5-10 day email sequence. You can go longer, depending on the offer.

I find that having a 5-10 email sequence work for me and others as well. After that, send them through an automation sequence where you are emailing them anywhere between 1-3 per week. Over time, sending a weekly email will be best.

The point of emailing is to build a relationship with them. Not to be pushy, but truly provide value.

Not only that, having highly targeted leads will also help make the email marketing a lot easier. When they are responsive and take action, it makes email marketing fun.

Eventually, you will reach a point to where you can just email your list and get sales that way. Of course, it takes time and testing, but you will reach that point.

how any hits from the email (only) on the clickbank stats? You are using aURL & tid= token (variable) to track?
clicks (CTR) matters first! the in theory will convert (epc)
102 on a list is a very small number to stat also.

The point of emailing is to build a relationship with them. Not to be pushy, but truly provide value.
Exactly! I've been on a few lists for many years because their content usually tells me something interesting. I love to learn about stuff that makes my life or work better, easier or more profitable and fun. And because they do that, it doesn't bother me that they sometimes send me a recommended product they suggest I purchase, or to sign up for something.

Think of what you'd want to read if you were your subscriber.

Exactly! I've been on a few lists for many years because their content usually tells me something interesting. I love to learn about stuff that makes my life or work better, easier or more profitable and fun. And because they do that, it doesn't bother me that they sometimes send me a recommended product they suggest I purchase, or to sign up for something.

Think of what you'd want to read if you were your subscriber.
So true!

how any hits from the email (only) on the clickbank stats? You are using aURL & tid= token (variable) to track?
clicks (CTR) matters first! the in theory will convert (epc)
102 on a list is a very small number to stat also.
clickbank just reports earnings. i have no earnings yet. I use a tracking ID. Stats: email #1 got 40% open rate and no clicks, email #2 got 11% open rate and no clicks, email #3 got 67% open rate and no clicks, email #4 got 0% open rate and no clicks.

mind telling me how many subscribers I should have to make the stats meaningful? thanks.

login then do this: click hide chart then the chart will show with your tracking ids.

I used to assign a TID code for each hit and log them --scripted dynamically-- I would know the source and who (by PHP ip2long) and the user's postal code (ip location~).

I haven't sent anything recently
but 'test' was the tracking id

Thanks for the tip Graybeard I will look into this.

it depends on your vertical, and it depends on the content of the sequence.
but don't go too aggressive because people will unsubscribe a lot.

you need to send good things then send an offer.
for example
day 1 : good infos
day 2 : good infos
day 3 : Offer
day 4 : good infos
day 5 : good infos
day 6 : Offer
day 7 : good infos

ACTUALLY, EACH funnel is different, you are the one who knows your list, and you are the once who will decide.

clickbank just reports earnings.
login then do this: click hide chart then the chart will show with your tracking ids.

I used to assign a TID code for each hit and log them --scripted dynamically-- I would know the source and who (by PHP ip2long) and the user's postal code (ip location~).
clickbank-stats.jpg

I haven't sent anything recently
but 'test' was the tracking id

I dont think its very important to have an interval of sending emails .Indee its true you dont need to be too pushy sending promotional emails and have a break interval .The important part its to send quality emails and promote the best offers as you can .If you promote shit offers then people will hate this amd they will unsubscribe

In my opinion, you can send as many letters as you want, the main thing is to send one letter to each, not several. If you spam someone's messages, it will do more harm than good.

Hi guys,

I'm a clickbank affiliate using the copywritten emails provided by the merchant. I have about 15 emails. How often should I send out my emails? I don't want to seem too pushy but I don't want to wait a long time for a conversion either.

I once read a guide by PPC Coach that said do this email sequence: 2 days-2 days-2 days- 3 days -3 days -3 days-4 days-4 days-4 days-5 days-5 days-5 days-6 days-6 days -6 days-7 days-7 days-7- days and continue on sending weekly emails.

Do you agree with this approach?
How often do you want to make money?

MI
Back