The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

eBay to increase fees extend PayPal trans

I think they are possibly giving some big corporation, like google or microsoft, an opening to to step in and take a chunk of the market, which up to now they have completely dominated.
Not only by the announced increases, but also the way they are pushing paypal, which of course they own, by making paypal the only method of payment in certain categories (they say to increase buyer confidence and security).
How long before they impose paypal on all catergories? Not too far in the future I feel.
I don't know if a listing embargo would work, as probably the only people who would support it are the full time traders, not the thousands of so called private individuals.
It would be really nice to see someone with the resources have a go at them, but at present they are so well entrenched, it would take many millions of pounds to make any real dent in their market share.

"Firstly, the cost for listing an item has decreased, however, the fee you pay to ebay after the item is sold has gone sky high (an increase of 33% to 66%). Basically, your "profit" will be swallowed up by ebay's fees. You will be lucky enough to make any profit at all.

If you are a seller, you will not be able to leave feedback on byers. This means that sellers can not warn about bad byers or problems with their transaction.

If you use Paypal, and you have less than 100 feedback, you will not receive your money for 21 days.

If you have less than 95% positive feedback, your sales will not be found in ebay's search engine."

"Many sellers and buyers are going to be having a strike on February 18th through February 25 that includes no buying, no listing, no selling, no auctions on those days. If possible, if you are an Ebay buyer and seller, I would really appreciate it if you could honor those dates, for nothing else, then on MY behalf because the changes have the possibility to really hurt me as a seller."

Izam's Doll Nation 涵之人形館 - No Good E-bay changes. (pasted from DOA)

I,ve been trawling ebay, the forums and news articles to find out more about these issues.
I for one will be supporting the listing embargo from the 18th to 25th of February, but, funnily enough, my main issue is not the price increases, but the proposed changes in the feedback system.
I know the present system is not perfect, but the proposal to allow only the buyer to leave negative feedback is, in my opinion, ludicrous. Consider the implications for sellers, they have no way of telling other ebay users how bad or unreliable a buyer is, even if the buyer will not answer emails or simply refuses to pay, buyers will be able to make bids on a whim and then change their minds without other users being aware of this, under the present system you have the option to cancel bids from buyers if you think they may not complete, if, for example, they have a high number of negative feedback comments. Under the new system, all buyers will have 100% positive feedback, whilst many sellers, even those who have 100% at present, will soon find themselves below the feedback mark,( around 95% I think) where ebay will not feature them in specific item searches and they will demote their listings to the bottom of the listing pages. Sellers who think that this will not happen to them, should consider how easy it will be for someone, perhaps a competitor, to manipulate their feedback, by simply purchasing a few items and then leaving negative feedback.
I personally will not be badly affected financially, as ebay is not too great a percentage of my total turnover, however, in protest I intend to close my ebay shop and actively search for alternatives for the rest of my ebay business.
I intend letting ebay know my reason for closing the shop, but I have a feeling this will not worry them too much, however, judging by the forum discussions, quite a few have already decided to jump ship and other auction and selling venues are reporting record sign ups.

MI
Back