The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Earth Hour 2008

kappa84

affiliate
The Earth Hour Program has been initiated in 2007 in Sidney,Australia by World Wide Found for Nature, and now, in 2008, it will become a global event.
Cities from all over the world will join this event to turn off the lights for an hour, meaning the participation and the concern about climate changes.
The event will take place on March 29, at 20:00.

My light will turn off for 1 hour. Yours? :)

I think it would be enough to turn off several millions of lights to show the world that we care.
Trivia: did you know that 95% of energy used by an electric bulb means the heat effused by the bulb and only 5% is the visible light? :)

Apparently the Aussies did well with this-

A Reuters report, though I don`t now have the link source to post..

Aussies turned on by Earth Hour switch-off -poll
Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:52am BST

SYDNEY (Reuters) - More than half of Australian adults switched off their lights in major cities on Saturday as part of Earth Hour to raise awareness about climate change, organizers of the event said, citing a poll.

Cities across Australia took part in Earth Hour 2008, with iconic buildings including Sydney's Opera House and Harbour Bridge to Melbourne's Flinders Street station switching their lights off at 8 p.m. local time.

Around the globe, up to 30 million people were expected to have turned off their lights for 60 minutes by the time "Earth Hour" -- which started in Suva in Fiji and Christchurch in New Zealand -- completed its cycle westward.

More than 380 towns and cities and 3,500 businesses in 35 countries signed up for the campaign that is in its second year after it began in 2007 in Sydney, Australia's largest city.

Sounds like a good thing to do, too bad didn't knew about this before otherwise i would have participated. I guess they need to publicise the event more next year. Also, educating all the participants about saving energy would also be good for long term benefits.

So 2010 Earth Hour passed also, newspapers said it was a total disaster, the power consumption increased during that hour, so epic fail!

MI
Back