The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Duplicate Content

maxie104

affiliate
:) Hi, I have a question, please help I'm being dense today. I am getting videos from stompernet, it is their going natural 2 series. I do not belong to stompernet so I can not access the forums and see if my answer is there. The second video is about duplicate content, and it has me confused. I am trying to count my content in the content section of my pages. Andy said that we are only concerned with counting content that we can click on with our mouse. He said that in counting content the image does not count. I am an affiliate marketer and my images are clickable. Alt content is not clickable. I direct customers to make a purchase, or get more information by text that says click the image for more information.
Could someone who has watched this video, or is willing to go to stompernet and watch this video, please tell me what I need to count for content. Do I need to make my images static and include a link to the site? Or will the spiders read my content even though it isn't clickable? Help! Sorry Larry I can see you tearing your hair out over this question :eek: . Deb.

"I am trying to count my content in the content section of my pages. Andy said that we are only concerned with counting content that we can click on with our mouse."

Sorry Deb, don't have time to go watch the video, but I've never heard of counting content, so I'm lost...

Deb (maxie104), don't worry. I have a very good feeling that you are going to get a good and helpful reply to this question.

Whenever I say I have a very good feeling in a post things do happen. That is because when I say that I know something that I'm not telling.

Well for anything regarding duplicate content you need to read Jim's thread!
<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/search-engine-marketing-seo-forum/7275-duplicate-content-s-not-what-you-think.html?highlight=Duplicate+Content">Duplicate Content: It?s Not What You Think!</a>

I have this psychic premonition about what's going to happen next. :p
(I know you Larry and I bet you are working behind the scenes again!) :)

If it is static content, it counts. content does not have to be "clickable" to count, but it does have to be readable.

This is a sales gimic (sales pitch). search engines do not read a page as we do, it reads the source code. php, html ect...

Here is an example to see what is read, and it includes all content: dog beds - Google Search , now, look for this url in the serps, it will be in the top 5 nextdaypets . com and click on the "cached" link below the listing. It will show you what Google reads with the keywords highlighted. and it is more than "clickable" text.

What he is implying is that they only read links and this is 100 % false from what you stated it says.

Now, as far as text goes, they read anything you can copy and paste into notepad. They also know that there is an image, but they just know that it is an image and the size of the image and the location on the page.

They can not read the "image" itself as we see it.

There are several threads in this forum telling you not to buy ebooks and programs that will do "magic" for your marketing. You will find some usefull info, but most of it is to SELL you something.

Here is an example on this forum that linda posted, it works, I tested it :http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...c-generation-blueprint-free-good-reviews.html

But, it is full of affiliate links to sell software and other things. It is a brilliant marketing plan, and it does work, but even this Ethical marketer has a motive for "giving away" information.

You have to ask "who gains"?

If you wnat to know what a search engine see's just take a look at the source code. Even alt tags are read.

Learn to do what they do to make you buy, not buy what they sell. This is how duplicate content was taken for a terrible spin. people will buy a lie if it is pumped into their head long enough.

send me a link to the video you watched and i will go over it. But from what you posted, this is the answer.

Hope this helps,

Jim

"people will buy a lie if it is pumped into their head long enough."

Good point Jim and thanks for filling us in. I knew we could
count on you to provide some valuable insight.

I told you I had a very good feeling there was going to be a very good and helpful reply to this question.

Thank you. That did answer the question. It isn't a gimick, it is a free video series to help you with your site. I just was not understanding what was presented. I needed James to explain the explanation...lol :eek: . If you go to stompernet.com you will see the video's. There are two so far, but they promise more. They are very well done, but sometimes we (meaning me) just don't understand. Oh no charge either for the series, take a look. Again thank you, Deb.

Thank you. That did answer the question. It isn't a gimick, it is a free video series to help you with your site. I just was not understanding what was presented. I needed James to explain the explanation...lol :eek: . If you go to stompernet.com you will see the video's. There are two so far, but they promise more. They are very well done, but sometimes we (meaning me) just don't understand. Oh no charge either for the series, take a look. Again thank you, Deb.

I did not notice the stompernet.com in your post. Brad Fallon is another Ethical Marketer. you will get valuable info from him because he is in the business and he is good at what he does. But the fact remains that you can buy programs from him, and that is the intention he has. It is to get you to opt in so he can sell you something.

Brad Callen is also a good source of info and a professional SEo and internet marketer. But he also makes his living selling info and software. They have quality products and info. And they will even tell you that what they sell is not nessary, but it just makes it more effecient.

Both are one the "good guys" side in my opinion.

This equates to= You Do Not Need To Buy to be successful.

I personaly use Brad Callens SEO Elite. Great analysis tool. I also keep up with both in their marketing, good people to learn from, but they give you enough info without buying to get good results.

Thank you. I try to never buy if I can help it. There is so much free, good advice out there that if you persist, and are patient, you will find what you need. :) Deb.

MI
Back