The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

dot info domain bombed by Matt Cutts

temi

affiliate
Aparently since Since Matt Cutts announce that Google looks skeptically about .info domain name extension, the sales of the domain name with .info have drop by over 40,000.

Anyone heard more about this report?

I've heard that because .info domains are very cheap, they are used for spamming or adult content websites.

Anyway, don't think Matt was referring in general for all .info domains, they have the necessary technology to check if a .info domain can be or not trusted.

I'm also interested in this matter...

.info domains do get treated differently in Google compared to the likes of .com I have noticed.

As mentioned above, because they are cheap they can be good for scraper style sites but on the flip side, if you own a genuine, good quality .info it can be just as good, if not better than the .com.

Wales.info for example. More relevant towards the website.

KP

I couldn't find it, good to know about .info domains I have been tempted as they are almost free. 99p per year.

I do not own any .info domains at the moment and after reading this i suspect that i will be avoiding them like the plague.

I do have a few .info domains and did not have any problems ranking high for targeted terms...

If this is true then it's just laziness from Google and should be condoned.

All TLD's should be created equally - it's content that counts, to generalise in this lazy manner is not good-enough ... what's wrong with a site that carries information related to the domain contained in its name being a .info? >> That's the way it should be...

I do have a few .info domains and did not have any problems ranking high for targeted terms...

I agree, the extension is not important. However, I think this fact is just because everyone prefers a .com. .info domains are considered less trustable.

Aparently since Since Matt Cutts announce that Google looks skeptically about .info domain name extension, the sales of the domain name with .info have drop by over 40,000.

Anyone heard more about this report?

no wonder. Google is necessary if you want your site to be popular in internet.

banners
Back