The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Domain Website Recommendation

LOL.. actually I had namecheap, name and hostinger all three... this year I moved everything to a single host for ease. Found hostinger better than the rest w.r.t the pricing, cache and TTFB

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will consider Namecheap, Hostinger or Namesilo. Glad I asked the question on this forum before I went to GoDaddy.

Two more questions:
  • Would you recommend hosting from one of these domain providers for a WP blog (mostly text and pictures, might include some video later on)?
  • Is it better to purchase a .com domain for a blog or is another extension okay (.fun, .store, .style)? If so, what are the advantages of the dot.com from an SEO point of view (if any)?
Thanks in advance!

I had a blog on namecheap using their easyWP app and that worked fine. I think it was just over $3 a month. The blog out grew that hosting package and I moved it over to Hostinger VPS.

I don't know much about SEO and domain extensions, it used to make a difference and with that in mind I always try to get .com .net or .org
I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will help out.

I had a blog on namecheap using their easyWP app and that worked fine. I think it was just over $3 a month. The blog out grew that hosting package and I moved it over to Hostinger VPS.

I don't know much about SEO and domain extensions, it used to make a difference and with that in mind I always try to get .com .net or .org
I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will help out.

Thanks! I'll take a good look at Hostinger. And I'm leaning towards a .com

Two more questions:
  • Would you recommend hosting from one of these domain providers for a WP blog (mostly text and pictures, might include some video later on)?
  • Is it better to purchase a .com domain for a blog or is another extension okay (.fun, .store, .style)? If so, what are the advantages of the dot.com from an SEO point of view (if any)?
Thanks in advance!
Domain names that contained targeted keywords may get increased click-through rates and higher rankings on search engines* (depending upon the type of backlinks and other SEO metrics). But when it comes to TLD choosing .com over any other would be a wise decision. It may not have any effect in terms of SEO but it is most common and easy to remember than any other TLD's ( abcxyz.com is easy to remember than abcxyz.style)

Domain names that contained targeted keywords may get increased click-through rates and higher rankings on search engines* (depending upon the type of backlinks and other SEO metrics). But when it comes to TLD choosing .com over any other would be a wise decision. It may not have any effect in terms of SEO but it is most common and easy to remember than any other TLD's ( abcxyz.com is easy to remember than abcxyz.style)

Got it. Appreciate the guidance! Thanks.

banners
Back